TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

American college students - January 4th 2011, 12:26 AM

How many hours are you taking this coming semester? How many do you usually take? I took 14 in the fall and are taking 16 starting the fifth of this month. The fall was my first semester and I came out with a 3.27 GPA.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: American college students - January 4th 2011, 12:45 AM

I'm taking 17 in the spring. I took 13 this past semester, but have to take more now to make up for all the classes I dropped in my first year of college

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: American college students - January 4th 2011, 01:28 AM

I will probably end up going five years somewhere between a minor having to take a lower-level course, and poor stress management leading to seizures even with 14 hours; therefore not trusting myself with the fast pace of summer school I pretty much have no option.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: American college students - January 4th 2011, 06:52 PM

I'm taking 17 credits. This past semester I only took 9 because I was away at a college that I hated, signed up for classes at my old college a week late and most classes were full. That's all I could get.

I'm a sophomore and have 42 credits completed plus this semesters and I plan of taking summer classes. I go to community college and plan on transferring in the fall and graduating in 2 years. We'll see.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: American college students - January 4th 2011, 08:16 PM

I'm taking 18 hours, which is 4 classes with 4.5 credits per class. I had the same last term and came out with a 4.0 GPA.

Currently, because of my last Speech test, I only have a 3.75. I'm hoping to bring that up. :|

With my transfer credits, I currently have 36 credits. This is only my second term here, though.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: American college students - January 4th 2011, 08:17 PM

18 to 19 semester. People think I am insane when I tell them the classes I take and the fact that I can pull an A off in all of them easily. My classes are spread out between my major classes, classes that are general, and my other activity classes. People think I am crazy when I tell them that I am getting my fire I card for the hell of it.

Future Medic and Infectious Disease Nurse. Current EMT-B and Volunteer Fire Fighter.
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Re: American college students - January 4th 2011, 09:41 PM

My freshman and sophomore years, I took 17 hours each semester. My junior year, I took 16 first semester and 14 second semester. Last semester, I took 14, and this semester I'm registered for 12 (one of my classes is student teaching).

Although I hated freshman and sophomore years and the number of classes I had (I had maxed out without having to pay extra), I look back on it and I'm really glad I did it the way I did because it made for a less stressful junior and senior year.

Because of the calibur of my junior and especially my senior classes, it's been good to have fewer classes to deal with because the classes I do have keep me INCREDIBLY busy. This year, I've been taking both bachelor's and master's degree classes. Quality over quantity, right?

Semester GPA for fall: 3.7
Cumulative GPA: 3.645
Goal GPA: 3.65 to graduate magna cum laude (.005 in a semester? I can do this!)
(Side note: Aaaaaah, only 4 months until graduation!)

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fly Away From Here
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sami-Kait

Re: American college students - January 5th 2011, 03:37 AM

I took 17 my first 2 semesters and last semester I took 18, but had to drop Orgo so it was down to 14. This semester I'm taking 17 plus a 3 credit minimester course and 8 credits in summer courses. Also took a 3 credit summer course last year in the Bahamas and came into my first semester with 10 credits from AP and duel enrollment programs...still not graduating on time somehow though =/
  Send a message via AIM to In The Arms of an Angel  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: American college students - January 6th 2011, 09:55 PM

I'm in Canada, so I guess I "technically" count.

I have ~15 hours per week; five courses. We don't use a GPA system but my average was 85% in my first semester. Oh, and I'm a freshman in university.

SUP BRO.

Closed Thread