TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

High School & Drama. - January 22nd 2011, 08:08 PM

Does anyone else feel like it's virtually impossible to have friends and avoid drama at the same time? It really gets ridiculous. I recently met these group of girls I thought were my friends, but it turns out they hate one of my other friends. The other day one of the girls came up to my friend and started screaming at her and calling her a lesbian. When she said she wasn't they kept pestering her. So I stuck up for her, telling them they were being bitches and to back off. They ended up getting in trouble, and now the whole group hates me.

So is it honestly possible to have friends and avoid drama? I'm switching school soon so it shouldn't matter, but I'm the kind of person who can't stand when someone hates them. I just find the whole thing incredibly immature, and it bugs me.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: High School & Drama. - January 24th 2011, 12:59 AM

Hey Amanda,

I'm really sorry your dealing with this. Your a great person, and you deserve to have friends, that won't create drama. I was hated a lot in High School, and i didn't have true friends half the time. They ended up betraying me, ect. If you feel like the drama and interrupting your learning process its better to just focus on school. I know that's clique to say, but honestly its the truth. I graduated in 2009, and now i realize that not many of the people from high school even communicate with me anymore. Put school first, and friends second.. you will find true friends. Sure there not everywhere, but your amazing, and anyone would be dumb not to be your friend.

Take care love, you have me on FB, if you need anything. I'm always here for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: High School & Drama. - January 24th 2011, 01:11 AM

Thanks Angelina. I really appreciate it.

Most people in high school seem really immature and fake, and I think I should simply focus on my education for now. It's what's most important.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: High School & Drama. - January 24th 2011, 07:06 PM

Drama is sometimes over-reactions of emotion and as social creatures, we have emotions. If you want to have no drama, then you should interact with individuals devoid of emotions or who don't express them much, or you don't interact with anyone. All are extremes and can be unhealthy. At high-school though, it's a building of people whose hormones exaggerate their behaviours so you're bound to get into some mess. The best way though I found was to not get hyped up about drama concerning you. Deal with it rationally and after you've done whatever it is you did, know that there's no turning back to fix all of it. Compartmentalize stress and it can make interactions easier. However in school, there's a clear social hierarchy that people want to go up on, and you're on that hierarchy as well. People treat you differently depending on your social status, which is influenced by how you deal with drama. I was very relaxed throughout high-school, had my set of friends and tried to deal with things rationally.

So when others don't like what you did, instead of exploding with "Too fucking bad bitch", try to think why they wouldn't like it and explain to them calmly, "Can I tell it to you over MSN or at lunch, it's a long story". That puts the ball in your court so now you have some control over the situation and it's your job to dictate how it's going to start. If you're calm and rational, then it's more likely to be calm and rational.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread