TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Classified

Red face Short Story critique, help! ASAP - February 9th 2011, 08:18 AM

Hey, I'm writing this short stroy for class. I need to finish it really soon but I'm stuck on an ending. If you have any advice/comments, please help!

Oh, my head. She stretched a thin arm out of the covers and reached for the clock on her night stand. There was no clock. Confused, Mika peeled open her eyes, delicate to the light. She looked around at the strange blue color on the walls, the unfamiliar black sheets, and most peculiarly the tall blond man walking into the room. Panic boiled in the pit of her stomach.
“Good morning, beautiful.” The stranger spoke in a calm, slightly raspy, voice, if this were any other circumstance she would have found it sexy. “I brought you coffee,” he gently handed her the chipped cup, so old that the Tasmanian Devil cartoon was barely recognizable. “Did you have a good night?” He asked with somewhat of a smirk. Did he know that she couldn’t remember anything? “You had a lot to drink last night, so I also brought you some aspirin in case you-“
“NO!” Mika sat up and glared into his unfamiliar eyes. She had been lost for words, but knew he was wrong. The last thing she could remember was being with her boyfriend.
“Are you sure you don’t mind?” Ty said as he kissed her gently on the forehead. He was so considerate, and as much as she wanted him to stay, she knew he had practice in the morning.
“Go ahead,” Mika said with a smile, “I’m not drinking much tonight, I need to look after Ava. She wants to get drunk, you know, since Jason broke up with her. So don’t worry about me!” Gently she brushed her hand through his dark hair, and kissed him goodbye.
He laughed and approached her, bringing his hand towards her face, “Sweetie,” he cooed while caressing her cheek.
She slapped his hand away and jumped out of the bed. “Don’t call me that.” She mustered the strength to yell, “Who are you? You’re sick, I wasn’t drinking last night. What did you do to me?” Fear was ripping at her insides. Did she have sex with him? She felt the loose shirt around her… where were her pants? The shirt was obviously his… Looking around she could tell he was living in a typical bachelor pad. Empty beer cans on the floor, flat screen TV, and looking in the open night stand drawer…condoms.
The chilling laugh rang through her, “I didn’t do anything to you, Sweetheart. You came onto me.” Heat flushed her face, this wasn’t adding up. “I was dancing with your friend, Ava? You and that other girl ran off; I thought I was going to make it with Ava. But later on, she was making out with some other dude and you…” he smirked again.
Other girl? Demi? Mika tried to think of what happened. She hates Demi, why would she be with the girl that is constantly hitting on her boyfriend, feigns drunkenness just to try to kiss him? The clock on the wall was ticking with every second, making it hard for Mika to concentrate. Her head was pounding, nothing made sense. She noticed her clothes from last night thrown across a stained chair.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Classified

Re: Short Story critique, help! ASAP - February 9th 2011, 08:19 AM

The typing got kind of messed up. Sorry! Also does the sentence using the line "feigned drunkenness" make sense? Or am I totally off base?

Closed Thread