TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nutty Nat Offline
nuttychick but friendly :)
Average Joe

Name: Natalie

How to get better time management with your assignments? - February 10th 2011, 06:18 PM

Hi well it says it in the title but i have alot of stuff going off at minute stuff like problems so its taking affect on my assignments and i'm falling behind alot or doing the assignment and not really doing it to my usual standard.How is the best way to try keeping motivated to do them? and trying to seperate problems from assignments? because this is seriously stressing me out and im just tempted to quit college btw it is college in the uk so its free for me to go there and i can't live at college etc.

Love you Naomi R.I.P i miss you loads but i will never forget you
08/11/92 - 10/11/92

R.I.P Gill - I love you as a second mum,will never forget you and all your advice,oh and i will keep smiling like you wanted see
Going to try continue helping people like you wanted and you did,hope i'm making you proud

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to get better time management with your assignments? - February 10th 2011, 11:34 PM

There is a method called the descheduler. lol
Its basically... you do anything u want to do for fun, and eventually yu will do your important work better...

But it doesnt work for me. I dont really believe at all.

What I do believe is will power.

Willpower is like a muscle if u dont use it u will use it.

Right now im a procrastinating mess now. Im studying. but in the past i realized that I should try to be more detailed oriented and I have to be really strict when it comes to doing my chores, work and school work. For example i must put everything back where it belongs, I must fix my bed once I get up. Eat breakfast everyday. Basically I try to force myself to do a bunch of small things on demand. This would allow me to do the big things on demand.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: How to get better time management with your assignments? - February 11th 2011, 11:20 AM

Don't try to sit down and do a whole assignment. Take breaks in between. I used to take breaks by saying 'Okay, in 15 minutes I'll stop' but then I'd slack off and write a few sentences for 15 minutes. It's better to set breaks by word limit (e.g., take a break at 300 words). Then you can go check facebook or w/e for 10 minutes and get back to it.

Make sure you set up your work area properly so you aren't distracted. Try to make sure you're in a quiet area on your own. Get anything you need, e.g. laptop/computer, books, pencils, paper, drinks, snacks... that kind of stuff.

If you can work while playing music then do it (but if it's too distracting then don't obviously).

And make sure you take advantage of the class time you have. You're already in there so you might as well try and do as much as you can do you don't have too at home.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KellTre Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to get better time management with your assignments? - February 22nd 2011, 02:53 AM

There are a number of things that you can do.
1. Plan what you need to do. Look to break down big assignments into smaller tasks. Trying to complete the whole assignment at once sounds like a big job and can be really demotivating). By breaking it down you get on a roll of completing tasks...which makes you feel good.

2. Look to schedule small amounts of time in which you do the work uninterrupted. The Pomodoro technique may be useful for this.

3. Reward yourself each day for doing some of your assignment.

4. If worries are getting in the way of doing what you need to do, set yourself a worry time. Set 5 minutes aside (say at 4.30pm) and choose to do all your worrying then.

Hope this helps.
Kell

Closed Thread