TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

My Job - February 14th 2011, 12:58 AM

Today was my first real day, and I kind of enjoy it. I'm a customer service representative for FTD.com, which is the leading world internet company for ordering flowers. It's not as bad as I thought it would, being on the phones and talking to customer's. Most situations are easy to figure out mainly from common sense.
But, my training manager said that they usually bring temps in a week before their first day for training, and I only for 3 days! In all intents and purposes, I see this as unfair. We didn't even get to have any hands on training (they use fake systems to give us hands on training) and with only 3 days to train us, we didn't get to go over everything we needed to go over.
I'm super annoyed with how they went about things and they're always hiring new temps (I only work for about a week and half) all the time, but you'd think they'd be spot on when it came to training for this reason.

On my first real day, I did however, not have anyone call me to complain or anything. But, the one guy that I talked to today, broke my heart. He was sending flowers to his girlfriend which were vendor shipped (via FedEx or UPS). Everything was fine with the bouqet and the arrangement was beautiful he said. However, his card was missing and on it, he was proposing to his girlfriend! Talk about a bad start to Valentines Day. I couldn't even do anything for the guy except refund him 10% on his purchase. Talk about shitty. I just hope things go well for him when they arrive home tomorrow!

Just wanted to rant I suppose, but some advice on how I go about bringing up the lack of training to a superior would be great.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My Job - February 21st 2011, 09:28 AM

I would just be direct. Say something like, "Hello, (name). So far, things have been going great; however, I'm concerned that a situation might arise where I won't be as prepared as I should be. Would it be possible to receive additional training?" If your superior seems receptive to the idea, and the training goes well, I would then bring up the idea that ALL employees should receive additional training in the future, and advise your superior to come up with a new program (in a very respectful way, of course - no one wants to be told how to do their own job!).

Closed Thread