TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwilightDwells Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Unhappy I think I Should Take this Into Consideration... - February 23rd 2011, 06:08 PM

Hey,
I think that... I think that its time I leave my home town. I can't take it here anymore, I want to go to boarding school. But the thing is... I don't know if I can. But I can't take it anymore. I NEED to get out of this place. Things are getting worse and worse, and worded still. Leaving seems like my only option now.
Sure, I have to give up on my counseling, and my friends (friend), and my family... But... I don't know! I can't take this place anymore, it's driving me insane. I already have GAD and possible depression, but MAYBE if I get put of this place I can maybe get better...
I don't know what to do, am I overreacting? Should I try to get into boarding school? What should I do?

I will forgive, but I'll never forget.
Love is something earned, not gifted.
The Fallen Angel's cry for their beloved.
~ Katie

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I think I Should Take this Into Consideration... - February 23rd 2011, 06:41 PM

Dear Katie,

No, you are not overreacting - I would think that you are listening to your intuition, which has been screaming to your consciousness its disdain of these current circumstances.

Sometimes, a change in environment is the single most powerful condition for positive transformation - and this I speak from experience. While it certainly will not solve all of one's problems, it can help bring one to a state of readiness to deal with them, fully and thoroughly - to work towards a solution, rather than simply cope.

Many young people who struggle would benefit from an opportunity to leave their home environment very much, but unfortunately, few of us are ever fortunate enough to have such an opportunity at the right time, before things get too out of control, or even too late. If you manage to secure an opportunity, and have the courage within you to embrace the unknown, it is definitely something to go for. Whether or not the pros will outweigh the cons is something that only you can decide.

Give yourself some time, and perhaps do some more research. There is no hurry to make a decision right away.

Good luck with everything,
Kaisada

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: I think I Should Take this Into Consideration... - February 26th 2011, 12:06 PM

I think that it's easy to run away and think that will solve everything, but you can't run away from how you feel. You'd probably feel the same after a while at boarding school. Talk to your counsellor about what it is that is making you feel so unhappy about your situation and feel like you want to leave. See if you can't stay and fight it to make yourself feel better about where you are now.

(RAH) + (AH) + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA) + OOH + (LA) = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

Closed Thread