TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Angry I hate my school - October 18th 2011, 05:35 PM

it may be long so if you don't have time, then don't read.

It all started when I was 13. It was my last year at middle school and I had to choose what school to go after that.
I don't know how it works in other countries, but in italy there are different kinds of high school. You can choose to study Art, Science and Maths, Psychology, Languages, Literature, etc..
I've had a lot of problems while choosing my new school because I wanted to study music but I had to pass a lot of exams and I had been playing the guitar only for a year, so I was kinda obliged to go and study languages because I am good at that.
The real problem came out last year, when I started to go to the new school. I have wonderful classmates and I love them all, but I hate what I study.
My way to bear school is to think about something else, but that means not to study and I don't want to fail.
My parents only make things worse. They hate the way I behave; they think I hate all schools; they get angry when I get a bad mark, but they never say anything rewarding when I get a very good mark; they think school is the only important thing for a tennager.
More than once, I thought of leaving school at 16 (we can do that) but my mother won't let me because "I'll regret that when I'll be an adult".
I can't stand studying something so boring and useless anymore!
Plus again, my graduation means nothing without university degree, so I'm afraid I will spend my whole life studying instead of trying to make my dreams come true.
As I already said, I can't stand that anymore! I hate school, I hate what I study and I'm afraid I'll have to study for the rest of my life.

I have to find a way to bear school for the next 4 years or I'll go crazy soon!
Please, help me, I need help.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I hate my school - October 18th 2011, 08:48 PM

Sup Serena (alliteration... check)

Could you try moving to a different area of education or go and apply for music again?

The problem here is that it seems that you lack motivation because it is a 'forced' area of education for you. Since you're good at it you should look at where you'd want to be in the future because speaking more than one language increases your value SO much. Not only can you speak two languages it'd show quicker thinking because you're able to switch from one language to another and that is a skill that's lacking now a days, especially if you want to study abroad.

Try try try and do your best with the position you're in, you don't want to regret hating something and not putting 1 million percent into your work. You've said that your friends are great so keep happy with their company

However, you do want to pursue music so try to do that outside of school (that is of course if you can't get back into a music school)

When you get a good mark in class rejoice with yourself (don't let that sound lame) use the good times forum to share your happiness with others , it may sound like it doesn't do much but when you do it enough it feels good. Don't worry about your parents reactions, although it is nice, but you could tell them about what your thinking.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do

(excessive smilie use ... check)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I hate my school - October 19th 2011, 12:13 AM

My family has the same view and I agree with it: school is essential for teenagers. If my parents let me slack off when I was in high-school and laze around, I'd hate myself. I'm not sure how the education system works in Italy but after you get more proficient with practice at playing music, could you take whatever tests to study it in school? On a brighter side, language strongly ties in with music because songs are a very short story or a poem, so by studying languages, you could understand the lyrics better and create your own to play on the side.

You say your parents think you hate school but look at the title of your thread. Look at the descriptions you gave of finding the content so boring and you hate it. Unless I'm missing some crucial piece of information, your parents seem to have the correct perception that you hate school. It makes them mad at you right away regardless of your performance. Any bad marks only add fuel to the fire, whereas good marks may make your parents happier but they're instantly reminded you dislike what you're studying. I'm not sure what your averages are in the courses and were in the past but if you're getting bad marks, it'd make your parents increasingly angry.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: I hate my school - October 19th 2011, 08:13 PM

they know that I hate my school because I told them like a million times. They think that this school or another would be the same because they think I hate all kinds of school and that's what bothers me. They force me to go to school and they don't care about anything else and with "anything else" I mean my future too. I don't want to study languages for the rest of my life and I have never wanted to. But everytime I say that studying is not for me, they say "well, what do you want to do then?". I'm still wondering if they do that on purpose or not, because they know that I want to do something with music. I want to be a singer but they don't seem to get it. Especially my father. He keeps talking about how my sister is amazing at playing and singing while I'm there right in front of his fucking face and he just can't say a good word about me. NEVER.
That's the problem. All they want is: me+school+good marks. All I want is: me+guitar+microphone+audience. That's kinda ll that matters to me. I keep going there because I have made good friends and I'm not a girl who gets used to new people fast. That's the only reason.
I just need some advice to calm down and arrive at the end of the year without risking mental issues.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

Closed Thread