TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

I've kind of been BSing school... - October 30th 2011, 08:49 PM

Okay, so I have pretty awful study habits, but it's working out alright! I've been doing the exact same thing I did last year, but I'm doing really well. I have two B's and all A's. I start doing my homework at three am usually and finish at maybe fiveish. Then I go to sleep. I don't fall asleep at school, but I'm kind of a mindless answering zombie. I don't actually complete all my homework at home, most of the time I do it during class, lunch or study period.

I've learned that all the homework besides science can be bs'ed. I don't even do the reading for English sometimes, I just write stuff. The teachers only glance over the work. Why should I spend an hour doing an assignment when it will only take me fifteen minutes to make it up?

We have a lot of projects and I just end up doing those the night before. I print them out at lunch. I study the night before too.

I'm in ninth grade now. Can I keep doing this? Will it work later?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I've kind of been BSing school... - October 30th 2011, 09:05 PM

For the moment, as long as you make sure that you're completing all of your work and answering things correctly, this be sufficient. I would suggest using your extra energy turning those two B's into A's, though. Why not?

As for continuity: this pattern of studying/working will work for this year, and maybe next year, but you will be forced to do much more work during your junior year, and if you're doing everything to the best of your ability, you probably won't have much free time at all during your senior year. This 'skating by' will only last you for a little while before the work piles up and you're forced to deal with it head-on and constantly. Cherish these precious few years.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I've kind of been BSing school... - November 5th 2011, 05:51 PM

I don't do everything to the best of my ability. The teachers just look at it to make sure you wrote something. I'm not going to waste my time doing stuff that isn't checked.

But most of the time I just procrastinate so long I don't have time to write actual answers.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I've kind of been BSing school... - November 5th 2011, 07:11 PM

Well if you think about it, there is a reason that you are learning all of that stuff. Sure, some teachers may just glance over it but that won't be in the case in college. Or when you get a job and need to do some math, it needs to be accurate. Its great that you have such good grades, but if you don't actually learn the material then you can easily fall behind in the next years of high school.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I've kind of been BSing school... - November 5th 2011, 07:22 PM

I'm not really trying to be a heathen on purpose. I just keep leaving stuff too long and having to do it during school time on the day it's due. I want to get a job that requires no math. I don't understand basic fourth grade math.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: I've kind of been BSing school... - November 6th 2011, 01:48 AM

Sorry to tell you, but most jobs involve some form of math. If you KNOW you procrastinate this badly, then I'd suggest trying to change that.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
vrgtfvgt4vg Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I've kind of been BSing school... - November 13th 2011, 08:03 PM

I've been trying to work on my math skills and I started my homework at four pm today.

Closed Thread