TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Frabel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Failing out of High-school - January 12th 2012, 06:53 AM

Hello, I am about to fail out of high-school this semester it looks like, I have pretty much failed every year since 5th grade, barely sliding past with Ds or Cs, but this semester in all 5 of my classes except for my two electives (I am a Junior in High-School) I have 55% or lower. I have been informed repeatedly that I will fail if I keep my track record up, and it seems to be on its next lap, in the same time. I feel terrible, I hate myself, I don't know why I'm failing. Well I know why I'm failing. I just don't care. I don't know why I don't but I just don't care. I don't do the homework, I don't listen to the teacher, I apathy the entire education system. I feel nothing for myself or my future, no one has done anything to me but myself. I have a friend who suggested it may just be lack of motivation but if it is, then there is nothing that motivates me. I have been offered money, and several other bargaining chips to make me work harder or what ever they were trying to do and I still fail every time. I hate myself because I know how much it cost my parents to put me through the private school they did, it wasn't even a choice of mine, but they are suffering for it, and I get reminded every time that they see a grade or get mad, they pull the "We gave everything for you to get this education" and I hate myself, I feel like a complete ass, and a waste of time, waste of space and waste of effort. I don't know what to do, the semester ends in a week, if I don't get my 40% and 50%ts to C-s than I'm probably going to get kicked out of high-school, and what do I do from there? Always be considered the failure of the family, the one that we wished was swept under a rug. is it even possible to go to community college without a high-school diploma? I don't know what to do, i feel so lost. I just don't know.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Failing out of High-school - January 12th 2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frabel View Post
I just don't care.
I'll be blunt: Until you care, no one can help you. Anything we suggest to you would go right through the windows.

But hey, if you really don't care, then you wouldn't have made this thread. So maybe you do care.

===================================

Let's summarize what you're going through:
  • You're failing most of your classes and feeling overwhelm because everything seems to coming all at once.
  • You know where you are right now; you know what it means for your future. You know why you're failing; you know what you should do to fix it.
  • You just don't feel like doing them.

So here's the deal:
1. What's done is done. Since it's too late to save your classes of this semester now, let them go and relax a little. No need to stress over them.

2. Schedule an appointment with your counselor or advisor and ask what you can do. Also make sure to ask whether you can re-take your failed courses.

3. Get used to the habit of "Just do it!" You know how it's so tiresome to get out of the warm bed early in a chilly morning and go to school or work, but you still do it anyway?

Same case here, just do your works anyway. Don't wait for the motivation to come or until the laziness goes away; instead, bring your works to a quiet library and sit there for the next hour or two--daily. The near distraction-free environment there would probably help you focus. Do this TODAY if possible because if you wait, your procrastination habit might kick in again and you would end up never doing this.

Worst case scenario? Find a psychiatrist and check for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).

P.S. Sorry if you've posted this looking for empathy. I'm not good with all the emotion stuffs, ; so I usually stick with an approach to the potential solution, rather than being empathetic toward the situation. Another member would have to take care of that department.

Last edited by Digilodger; January 12th 2012 at 09:43 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Frabel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Failing out of High-school - January 12th 2012, 05:02 PM

I've thought about ADHD or ADD and suggested such to my parents but my mother says that it's not possible and refuses to see that anything is wrong other than my grades

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: Failing out of High-school - January 12th 2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digilodger View Post

But hey, if you really don't care, then you wouldn't have made this thread. So maybe you do care.

P.S. Sorry if you've posted this looking for empathy. I'm not good with all the emotion stuffs, ; so I usually stick with an approach to the potential solution, rather than being empathetic toward the situation. Another member would have to take care of that department.

^^. What he said. ^^

And if you do care...then do something about it. If you don't, don't bitch about it.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Failing out of High-school - January 12th 2012, 11:58 PM

You know exactly why you're failing, which gives you a better chance of fixing it. You say you don't care, but you're here talking about it.. so apparently you care enough to want to do better. So motivate yourself. You don't have to do anything you don't want to, but just think about what your future might be like without a high school diploma. Honestly, most people won't even hire a person without a high school education. So your future is on you.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Failing out of High-school - January 13th 2012, 08:23 AM

A dead man can see that you care quite a lot given the first post. Are there any sports or hobbies you like or are good at? Here's a strong motivating factor: go to the downtown area of your city, especially if it has a high population and look at all the hobos you see. If you don't have a high-school diploma, you can get a GED and go to community college, however, don't expect to get a job that has any decent pay, unless you are amazing in sports or become a successful entrepreneur.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread