TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Career in 3D animation. - January 16th 2012, 08:13 PM

Like in video games and movies. Like Pixar movies. I've been looking into it, and I've found good info. But what would it take to get into a design school? I know how to get a job after, what kind of courses will help me find a job, and how getting a degree from an art school would help me, but how would I get into the art school. I realize it varies from school to school, but does anyone have any experience with this?

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Career in 3D animation. - January 17th 2012, 04:55 PM

So you're looking for a more artsy way into animation, and not more technical? For animation, if you have any prior experience with that or even with art in general, make a portfolio of your best pieces. Design and art schools like to see your potential. Also, if you have extracurricular or classes relating back to art or something along those lines, it will help you. Some schools have specific requirements, so make sure you check in on that.

You can even take the technical approach and get into a school that specializes in Digital Media. They look less on your actual portfolio and art work, and instead focus on the courses you have taken along with your gpa and extracurricular activities.

With an art school, you probably won't have to take too many math and sciences, mainly art. But with a technical school, they focus a little bit more on the math and science behind it. Although I am not a digital media major, my friends have shown me that the courses they'll be taking are very personalized, but they need to know things like Java, calculus..

I guess I didn't make it much easier for you, but it's a different approach.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

Closed Thread