TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2fast4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Jobs dealing with food at all. I can't stand them - January 28th 2012, 03:26 AM

I am 17, and I have had 1 job(quit), and starting another job tomorrow, and I really don't know why, but I cannot STAND jobs that have to deal with food in any way shape or form.
I dunno why...
My first job was as a dishwasher. Easy job, but I ended up quitting after a day (almost 9hr shift, no break). I didn't quit because I didn't want a job, but because I couldn't stand cleaning food off of plates and washing food. I hate dealing with food, I barely can stand doing my own dishes...
I ended up wearing most of the food as a dishwasher, and couldn't stand it. The floor was dirty, the plates weren't ever clean when they used them. I wanted to vomit. I pressed through the day, and quit the second I got home. I still can smell the food on my arm today.
This next job is at a pizza like place, kinda like chuck e cheese. I would be doing everything (along with everyone else), but I have this feeling like I will want to quit after a day again. I REALLY don't want to deal with food, but the thing is, thats those are the only places that hire.

Could I be feeling this because I can't stand food like jobs, like cooking, cleaning, ect. or something else?

I can say, I don't even like cooking my own food, and cleaning it, cause I hate getting dirty.

Should I possibly try to find a job as a cashier or stocker? I know our local shields is hiring at 16, and our local best buy hires at 16. Or should I just tough this food job out? I do plan on giving it a week at least.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Resources Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Jobs dealing with food at all. I can't stand them - January 28th 2012, 03:39 AM

If you cant stand food - than your best bet is to apply at places like:

Walgreen's,
Walmart,
Target,
Etc,

They hire very often - and you can do things like:
-Stocker
-Cashier
-Loss Prevention
-Sales
-Etc.

Just keep filling out apps at places like these (and for positions not related to food)! Don't force yourself to do something just for money; find a job you can atleast deal with to a certain degree.

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

Closed Thread