TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

View Poll Results: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school?
Yes 70 86.42%
No 3 3.70%
No, but I want to 4 4.94%
No, And I don't want to 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 10:13 AM

I've wanted to, but I have such a crazy conscience that I wouldn't be able to haha.

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 10:29 AM

I haven't faked sick to skip school since elementary school. Now I'm striving for perfect attendance and would flip out at missing class. In elementary school I got sick A LOT so the school believed it better, too. Usually it would be because my mom worked at the elementary school too and would let me sneak onto the field trip buses of the other grades.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a happy bunny
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dylan

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 10:36 AM

I was either sick or pretending to be almost all the time, which is why my attendance dropped to 19% it's not a good idea really

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 10:59 AM

I voted yes because my actual answer wasn't an option but yes was close. I haven't faked sick to get out of school but there was one time when I was in school where I exaggerated how sick I felt so that I wouldn't have to go on "fun day" . Looking back on it now I feel pretty lame haha.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Imagine849 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Suzanne

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 12:32 PM

Yeah I do that at least once a week, like today for example

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us,
Above us only sky!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 01:04 PM

I've definitely faked sick, a lot Not really sure why though, I mean if I just told my parents I didn't want to go, they usually never made me. Oh well, getting away with faking something is a bit fun

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 01:09 PM

I used to try all the time in primary school. It never worked.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 03:16 PM

I used to in elementary school. Now I hate missing school.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 03:24 PM

I never did it because I was a perfectionist in school and I wanted good grades. Plus my parents were fairly chill about me staying home when I was actually sick, I would have never needed to fake, they probably would have just let me stay home if I was having a bad day and didn't want to go. But I went to school pretty much no matter what.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 03:46 PM

Yes I did to escape the bullies . I didn't want to face the bullies so I would fake being ill to escape the bullies for a day or two.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 04:01 PM

No, i havent. not that i remember at least.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 04:12 PM

I never did up until my junior year of high school, then when things started getting bad for me, I missed about 45 of the 186 days of that year. Thankfully, they excused me because of mental health issues and I got on to senior year. I only missed 14 days of senior year. Yay.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 04:28 PM

Only once, when I was about 9 xD
But I haven't missed a single day (or even half-day!) of school in the past 5 years

(#14 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 04:30 PM

Yes I totaly faked being sick who doesnt do that lol. I remember in 10 th grade I faked sick and faked that my period was stronger than what it was so faked that I bled through my pants to go home. I moslt did that period thing in 10 th grade only on math test days because it was funny I hated math and math test. I would go home and not take the test and the whole class was like is lauri here oh no wonder its test day. HHAHAHAH I got lot of attention and the whole class was involved in it even the teacher she was so cool so that was what made it fun. Then when I would come back to class the next day they would say test test to freak me out and I would act like stop stop Im going to cry HAHAHAH. It was fun.

Also a couple times in 12 th grade I was just too depressed to get out of bed }: had to say Im sick dont feel good cant go to school.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Babycakes Offline
ForeverAlone<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aiden

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 04:57 PM

I never really had to fake sick. I just told them I wasn't going, and that was that.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 05:54 PM

I was a bit of a goody two shoes so no, I never faked sick.
Plus it would have been too hard for me, I lived literally across the street from school!
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 07:32 PM

Admittedly I fake sick quite a lot. Maybe once every three or four weeks. I know it's bad, but some days things are just too bad.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 08:10 PM

When I need a day to recuperate? hells yeah i fake sick. i call them mental health days.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 08:47 PM

I did it a lot, but only in middle school. I was in a really bad school full of nothing but bullies and I was beaten up almost daily, so I tried to get out of it very often. My parents knew I wasn't sick though, and sometimes I'd have to literally beg them to let me stay home. It worked about 60% of the times I tried it.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 08:54 PM

I haven't ever faked it.
People say I am because I'm gone so much, but I'm not. There's something going on with me physically, and we're trying to figure it out. I'm honestly sick and tired of being sick and tired. I would give anything to go back to school right now.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM

(#21 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 08:58 PM

I never really faked sick until I got into my senior years of high school It was just too much sometimes, but then once I turned 18 I would just sign myself out so there was no need to fake it

Rescue is possible. Love is the movement ♥

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 09:03 PM

Yeah, I have. I doubt my parents believed me but the school probably did, I did it way too much though.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 09:56 PM

Yes, I used to do it all of the time. After a while my mother knew I was lying and called my bluff and made me go anyway.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 10:00 PM

Not that I can remember. The closest I would come is if I'd had a few days off because I really was sick, I'd exaggerate how sick I was to have another day off.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#25 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 27th 2012, 10:01 PM

I've pretended to be sick a few times to get out of school, yes.

However, I've never done it simply because I didn't want to go to school or because I was too tired or lazy. I'm well liked at school, but I have this group of friends who consistantly make fun of me and call me really rude names. I've told them to stop multiple times, but they don't. I know that they're just kidding, but it still doesn't feel very good. So the only times I've pretended to be sick so I wouldn't have to go to school was if I knew the harassment was going to be so bad that it'd be unbearable for that day.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 28th 2012, 12:09 AM

I do. and I still do. Because I care about my education, but I don't care for my school. To show how much I care, let me tell you a story... It's been almost a month since I've been in school. The reason is? I'm on vacation/doing a bunch of other important things... and I didn't take any homework.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 28th 2012, 04:43 AM

I have, but only once. Most of the time I go home for a real reason/health concerns. I feel that once I'm at school already, I might as well just finish the day.

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 28th 2012, 05:04 AM

I like lived in the nurses office in 3rd grade just so I wouldn't have to go to class LOL

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 28th 2012, 07:33 AM

I faked sick quite a few times in school but not in university. In school it wasn't to escape bullies, I didn't have many and when I did they rarely were severe. Instead, I hated one of the teachers in grade 6 so I wanted to skip only her class but having the "1 hour bug" wouldn't fly with my parents and as a result I had to skip the whole day. In other grades I sometimes skipped because I understood the concepts but the class was going painfully slow, I found the extra-curricular math work (roughly 2 grades above the grade I was in) to be more interesting as it required effort. In high-school the teachers were more competent and I took almost all AP classes, so I didn't skip.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#30 (permalink)) Old
o0lostlove0o Offline
Trapped in a Fairy Tale.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lee - Suh.

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 28th 2012, 09:22 AM

I actually did. My parents didn't let me skip after that. ;-; I didn't want to go to school, and I didn't want to deal with my teachers and projects and homework and everything. So my body played sick.

[ Life ] keeps going on,
No matter how much it
hurts.
Just take a deep -- breath -->.
< Smile. >

And move on.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 28th 2012, 09:44 AM

Damn, I sound like little miss goody two-shoes.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM

(#32 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 04:26 AM

I skip a lot of school by faking sick. Some days I'm too low to even get out of bed so it ends up going that way. :/

(#33 (permalink)) Old
aloharocker Offline
writer
Average Joe

Name: Steffani

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 04:54 AM

So many times in high school. I used to tell my mom I'd thrown up, it was the only way she wouldn't make me go.

During college, I'd email my professors and tell 'em I had a migraine. (okay, sometimes I actually did but...) it worked like a charm. It was the best cover for my bad bad anxiety days.

If you need someone to talk to, my PM box is always open.

I've been a member of TeenHelp on and off since I was 16.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 07:16 AM

I'm an asian son......... destined to live the life that my parents didn't.
Even when I'm sick, I have to go to school... so never. However, I did abuse the doctor note system and I took a day off though I definitely could've went to school on that day. Not for any reason though, just wanted to stay home and relax.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 10:40 AM

I used to try every now and then but my Mum was to wise to my tricks. It worked a 2 or 3 times throughout my entire 12 year school career ha.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 11:19 AM

I wanted to! But my mum would only stay off school if I was nearly dying, and even then she still sent me in!

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 02:48 PM

When I was younger I used to do it all the time but now I don't any more because attendence is so important in highschool for college and stuff.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 03:26 PM

I was bullied severely when I actually went to school, so once or twice I week I would make myself throw up because I would get to stay home for the day and a friend would bring my homework over for me. It was terrible to fear the place I spent most of my time.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Prayer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 04:34 PM

I have a bunch of times

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Have you ever faked sick to get out of school? - February 29th 2012, 09:26 PM

nope never did.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)

Closed Thread