TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

She's so annoying! (Sorry, it's long) - March 9th 2012, 12:37 PM

I'm not sure where this goes and it can be moved if necessary.

So, my A Level course is a BTEC Childcare Learning and Development Level 3 Course and there's seven people in my class. We spend three days a week at a work placement that we have to secure for ourselves and we've all done one placement so far.

A few months ago, I asked a student in my class if she wanted to swap placements with me and she said yeah and we tried to get that sorted. I gave her a letter to give in to her placement and she said she gave it in and they said it was fine and they would give me a call to confirm it. They never rang. So I rang and they said that they had received my letter and would speak it over with the manager and then ring me back. They never rang me back and I asked the girl, lets call her T, about it. She said that she'd ask again, but I never heard anything back about that either. Our class teacher went to observe her - which is part of our course spec - and she mentioned me going there next and the lady she said it do didn't seem to have any recognition of my name. I then got a phone call from the placement about a week later and they said that they had never heard of me. So I now had no placement so had to stay at my current one, which T was going to join, as well as trying to find a new placement. I've almost got my next placement sorted. She kept apologising and she said that she felt really bad and I said it was fine and I forgave her.

So, here's the main problem. She started at my current placement this week and all she's been doing is being inappropriate in front of the children, putting me down and avoiding doing any work there by not doing it and trying to get me to do it instead.

In Tuesday, she stuck to me for almost the whole day and kept going on and on and on about what she was going to say to our reception teacher about leaving early on Tuesday's. We were then asked to tidy up the cupboard walkway - so sort out the things on the floor and put them away. I did this, but all she did was pull things out and say 'look at this' and put a parasol over her head and dance around laughing. Or she grabbed a wall stapler and began stapling the wood on the shevles randomly and laughing. At one point I had a child sitting next to me and she walked up to me and asked me his name so I told her. She then asked if he was mixed race because he had slightly darker skin and slimmer eyes than an average person. I replied with I don't know. Later she pointed to a boy who was playing next to me and asked me if he was a gypsy because he had longer hair at the back of his head, kind of like a pony tail. This really annoyed me. She later told me that it seemed like one of the teacher's didn't like me, because of the way she talked to me, but seemed (T 'fine when she spoke to me, she seems to like me, but speaks to you rudely.'

On Wednesday, I was doing a painting activity with the children and T was sitting next to me on the same table doing something else. She had one girl watching her and I had two girls doing the activity. I turned around to put one of the girl's pictures on the drying rack and turned back to see the other girl doing the activity had left but hadn't finished her painting. I asked T where she had gone and she replied 'she went up my bum' really seriously. The other girl watching her was still standing there! The children we work with are aged four and five. I told T not to say things like that because the children will copy her and she went 'really?' in a surprised voice. Later on - before I went home, as I was leaving early - I went into the staff room to get a drink and she was in there cutting things up and went, 'stay with me' and I did because she had nearly finished and I thought that I would be doing a favour to her by staying for a few minutes, but she didn't even seem grateful. That's Wednesday.

On Thursday, we were cutting things out, sticking them on card and then cutting them out with a border around them. I sat down on the floor and began to cut things out but she bounced around, ate some food from the staff room and told me what I could do better with my cutting for a good five minutes before picking up the children's paintings that I had cut out and sat down with them to stick them down. She then complained that she couldn't stick down the paintings continously until I swapped the paintings for the drawings that I was going to stick down. Then we had to pull some stapled pictures out of the wall in the corridor and I picked up a bucket to put the staples in. All she did was hop around and complain about the staple removers being rubbish and saying that we should go and ask the year one classes if they had any, and when I told her to go and ask she said that she wanted me to go with her. She must have tried to pull out about ten staples, bearing in mind that there were about 60 pictures with at least four staples in each. At one point, I accidentally dropped the staple bucket and about 20 staples went on the floor. I was about three meters away from her and she was closer to the bucket than me and I was walking back and forth making sure I had picked up the staples and she began tapping her foot on the floor in front of her saying, 'Look! Look! There's two staples here! Come and pick them up!' despite the fact that she was closer to the bucket than me and she has no problem picking things off the floor. At some point, a girl walked into the corridor and went 'what are you two doing?' and T turned around and replied 'none of your business!' in a rude tone to a four year old! The girl looked so upset! I quickly turned around and told her that we were taking these pictures down and she should go and play because we were alright standing out here on our own. Me and T then spoke to our reception teacher about some staples that wouldn't come out and she just said to rip the pictures off. T began to pull them off the wall and she threw them on the floor whilst saying to me 'pick that up. Pick that one up! Quickly, pick them up!' I did because I was always taught to do what I was told, but realised that I was being a pushover but didn't want to make my life difficult by standing up to her. We then began to staple up the flower pictures that children had drawn and she held up a small picture that a little boy - who doesn't have good fine motor skills, so has difficulty holding small objects and doing things such as painting and writing - and she turned to me and said (and I quote) 'Shall we throw this out? It's a bit rubbish!' I harshly replied 'No, because he drew that!' And she just went 'oh' and carried on stapling the pictures up. When she ran out of staples, she went to me, 'We''ve run out of staples, go and get some more!' I did, because she didn't know where they were. When this happened the second time, I offered to show her where the staples were kept and she just went 'No, you get them.' And didn't even thank me when I gave them to her! After a while of sticking the pictures up, she dropped one right by her feet and went to me 'Oh, pick that up.' when she could have done it! I was standing next to her, but my patience was wearing thin and I snapped 'why?' and she just went 'I can't be bothered' so I picked it up because I have to spend five days a week with this girl for the next three weeks and didn't want to make my life even more hell by saying something to her. We finally finished sticking the pictures up and she just shoved the stapler into our teacher's cupboard, when it was supposed to go into the main reception cupboard. I put the stapler in the right place, after pointing out to her where it was meant to go, to which she replied 'oh well.' And then we went to leave. My boyfriend was waiting for me to walk me home and then back to his and she went 'Is he waiting for you?' and when I replied with yes, she replied 'Why? That's just sad.' That was it. I nearly ran out of school and away from her, she was really really beginning to get on my nerves.

Every day after placement, I've complained about her to my mum and boyfriend. They say that I should quit my placement a few weeks early to stop it from stressing me out. And my boyfriend thinks that I should confront her about her annoying attitude, which I disagree with because I have to spend five days a week with her for three weeks and then two whole school days a week with her for another year and a half.

What do you think I should do? We never leave the classroom for lunch or anything, so I am unable to talk to my teacher about it. And I don't really want to quit my placement early because I like the children and teachers there.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

Closed Thread