TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zeta Offline
Resident UFO Nut
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lenore

Would It Be A Bad Time For Online Schooling? - April 7th 2012, 03:41 AM

So, I'm a freshman in highscool, but there are only around 30 days left until summer break. I've recently become more and more uncomfortable at school. It's not like a "I don't feel like going to school" kinda thing, it's more of a "I'm miserable every second of every day that I spend at school". I can't stand to be around the children, I can't stand to be around the teachers. I'm scared, tired, humiliated. I'm so sick of being there. Online schooling was brought to my attention, but I'm not so sure it would be a good idea to transfer out at such a time, almost being a sophomore and all. I wouldn't even know how to explain this to my parents or get started with it.

Z?
  Send a message via Skype™ to Zeta 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Starburst. Offline
Skittles Minion.

I can't get enough

Name: Sammi

Re: Would It Be A Bad Time For Online Schooling? - April 7th 2012, 03:59 AM

With only 30 days being left of school, I'm not sure now is the most convenient time to make the switch to online schooling. I know it will be difficult, but I really think you should try to finish out this year. But, you should also take this time to bring up the idea of online schooling for your sophomore year to your parents. Do some research on it first (pros and cons) and show them that you've really put thought into it. It'll make them more likely to see that it is what will be best for you and get you enrolled.

HelpLINK Mentor|Social Networking Team|Articles Team
Skittlify

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zeta Offline
Resident UFO Nut
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lenore

Re: Would It Be A Bad Time For Online Schooling? - April 7th 2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris. ♥ View Post
With only 30 days being left of school, I'm not sure now is the most convenient time to make the switch to online schooling. I know it will be difficult, but I really think you should try to finish out this year. But, you should also take this time to bring up the idea of online schooling for your sophomore year to your parents. Do some research on it first (pros and cons) and show them that you've really put thought into it. It'll make them more likely to see that it is what will be best for you and get you enrolled.
Yes, of course finishing this year. But it seems like sort of an inappropriate time as it's just highschool itself. Like, maybe earlier, middle school maybe, it would have been a right choice, but I always think to myself that maybe there isn't a point anymore.

Z?
  Send a message via Skype™ to Zeta 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Would It Be A Bad Time For Online Schooling? - April 7th 2012, 08:15 AM

If you really want to give a shot for next year, I see no reason why you can't. Just make sure that you have everything figured out and taken care of before you commit to anything.

~Cody

Normal User

Closed Thread