TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Travel and Exploring New Sights (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/)
-   -   Dream holiday destination (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/t153643-dream-holiday-destination/)

DeletedAccount69 October 29th 2017 09:11 PM

Dream holiday destination

So, do any of you have dream holiday destinations? Places you'd love to visit around Thanksgiving or Christmas?

I have a few:

New York City
There is also this Christmas hotel (New Hampshire maybe) and they celebrate Christmas all year long but I'd love to visit closer to this time/closer to Christmas
I'd love to visit Europe, Sweden and Paris too.
I'd also, and this is more doable, like to visit San Diego and LA (Christmas time at Disneyland is supposed to be really fun)

The Darkness October 29th 2017 10:56 PM

Re: Dream holiday destination

For me, I really want to visit Portland just because I kinda wanna move there one day. Also, I guess Seattle again because I loved it there though my dad is there. I'd also love to go to Hawaii or some beautiful small European town or somewhere in Italy like Venice or something.

TheAtomicBlade October 30th 2017 02:17 AM

NYC
Chicago
London.

Really depends where my mates are haha

DeletedAccount69 October 30th 2017 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAtomicBlade (Post 1303006)
NYC
Chicago
London.

Really depends where my mates are haha

I have a friend with family in Chicago and he's been there for Christmas. He is, actually, going there sometime this week (he might already me there?). He says it is nice there but it is exceptionally cold and snowy.

DeletedAccount29 October 30th 2017 11:13 PM

Berlin
London
Paris
Vienna
San Diego
New York
And my state's capital.

Celyn October 31st 2017 02:08 PM

New York at Christmas! I'd love to do a tour of European countries to see their Christmas Markets as well. There's something about seeing cities decorated and walking past stalls of festive and traditional food, drink and gifts that just gets me all excited for Christmas.

On the flip side, a log cabin in a snowy country also sounds bliss to me :hehe:

DeletedAccount69 October 31st 2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celyn (Post 1303147)
New York at Christmas! I'd love to do a tour of European countries to see their Christmas Markets as well. There's something about seeing cities decorated and walking past stalls of festive and traditional food, drink and gifts that just gets me all excited for Christmas.

On the flip side, a log cabin in a snowy country also sounds bliss to me :hehe:

Yes, there are some instagrams you can follow that show New York City during Christmas time as well some European countries during Christmas time. Both places look beautiful. I am sure it can be a pain to visit at that time though due to all the people but going to, at least, New York for/around Christmas one year is a goal of mine and my boyfriend said he might come along. :nosweat:

There are some cute cabin's close to where I live and they sometimes get snow around this time of year. I have heard some cool things about those places from people who have rented a cabin with family to celebrate the holiday.

DeletedAccount53 February 21st 2021 09:30 PM

Next summer if covid restrictions make life better for everyone, we'd love to return to Florence in Italy. Rome is too noisy, even with covid limiting motorists, it's still far too busy.

Another beautiful city is Venice. Just not during wintertime when the tides are high at the Piazza is flooded! St Paul's quadrant is completely awash. last time we visited Venice, Florians' cafe were charging 8 euros for a cup of coffee. :dem:

Silvan February 24th 2021 09:08 AM

Everywhere is my dream destination :) Not only Earth, but the Universe too.

Dawn. February 25th 2021 09:15 AM

There's so many places on this planet that I would love to go. :hehe:

Naughty Dog March 15th 2021 06:42 PM

Can't consider myself an avid traveller but still have some experience visiting different countries (mostly sunny ones) but more and more often I find myself thinking that it would be great to visit some truly exotic place like the North Pole or the Arctic. I mean place where there are so few tourists at the moment :hug: The other day a friend of mine who is also an adventurist gave me some advice to go to Franz Josef Land, rarely visited today yet significant in the history of polar exploration. Googled some general info about it and decided to take a chance and head off there in 2 months. Hope that nothing will interfere with my plans *fingers crossed*
https://cdn.tourcms.com/a/5013/220/10/default.jpg

Sprite-1 March 27th 2021 10:11 AM

Summer destination, hopefully, Lucerne.