TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Travel and Exploring New Sights (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/)
-   -   Favorite things to do on holiday? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/t153669-favorite-things-do-holiday/)

DeletedAccount29 October 31st 2017 09:45 PM

Favorite things to do on holiday?

What is your favorite thing to do while on vacation?

Me, I like to: go sightseeing, visit landmarks, go to museums and zoos, try the local cuisine and whatever else that place may be known for. IE, in England I went to a pub. In italy, I went to significant/well known places in Rome and Venice.

DeletedAccount69 October 31st 2017 09:53 PM

Re: Favorite things to do on holiday?

I've mainly only gone to the beach since I live about 2-3 hours from a few different beaches. One of the things I like to do most is get some seafood...shrimp, clams and clam chowder, mussels, oysters...pretty much all the shellfish I can eat. We can get seafood in my city but it isn't as fresh and you usually pay a steep price to get very little. When we visit the coast, you pay a bit for the seafood, but you tend to get a ton (it also is a lot more fresh than what we get here).

Other things I like to do; go visit the beaches and the little shops they have. You can sometimes find some really cool items at the shops. Also, we visit the sweet shops. A lot of those shops have fudge and back when we would visit the beach a few times a year, that was a steal because people tend to only make fudge around Christmas time. That was actually the only time my mom would make her world famous fudge.

I also like visiting different bookstores. They tend to be smaller bookshops and so you can sometimes find really interested books which can be fun.

MsNobleEleanor November 10th 2017 10:47 AM

Since, I usually stay in for the holidays, I enjoy sightseeing. In the fall, thanksgiving, I tend to watch how the trees are turning different colours. I also use this for mindfulness for myself.

During Christmas I look at the snow, Christmas lights, sometimes I usually do something Christmas themed because it's nice and relaxing.

If I were to travel during the holidays like Christmas, I've always wanted to go to New York city as it seems all to magical. It is cold there, usually has snow and has many lights and activities. I would also like to travel across Canada during Christmas. I am for a white Christmas and not sure how I would feel being in a place where there isn't snow. :nosweat:

Silvan November 10th 2017 11:20 AM

Summer holidays is my favourite time of the year. If I'm home I love to play video games and read books all day. If I'm on a camp/visiting family I enjoy the company of my peers/family members. When I'm in the countryside I relish laying down on the blanket on the grass, staring at the blue sky with sunshine pouring down on me through green leaves of a tree. When I'm abroad... well, it depends! If I'm in London, which is my absolutely forever-favourite place on Earth I enjoy every minute spent there, be it in the neighbourhood, in the centre or in the tube! If I'm somewhere else I usually sightsee a lot with rare breaks to swim in the ocean or sea/sunbathe, try the local cuisine and attractions.
These thoughts made me miss holidays so much!

DeletedAccount53 February 21st 2021 09:08 PM

Julie and I haven't had a proper vacation for three years, so we're making the most of chartering a large yacht and gone cruising some Mediterranean ports. As covid restricts our movement except we've all been vaccinated and have the necessary documents, these have allowed our visiting beautiful towns in Italy, but not strayed far from the coast where our yacht was moored up.

Every year with exception of 2020 when Burning Man was cancelled because of coronavirus, we've always gone for 10 to 12 days and paid the extra. We used one of those lovely Airstreams hooked up to a hired SUV. Time away in the Black Rock Desert in Nevada was an absolutely awesome experience!

With holidays few and far between, however, we enjoy boat fishing which means long weekends. Not quite the holiday, but we get out to sea, eat well and enjoy lie-ins. That's been good enough for us!:D

MsNobleEleanor February 21st 2021 10:17 PM

Closed as requested.