TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
squirrel glider Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jono

DisneyWorld! - April 12th 2012, 10:22 PM

This year will be my first trip to the US! On top of that, I get to see DisneyWorld.

For those who have travelled to the US before please offer some advice on what I should know as a visitor. I've only been to one other country before and that was Japan. And for those from the US or living there, please offer some advice on how to get the full American experience. I've only got five full days! Is there something I absolutely have to do while I'm there? Let me know! And for those who have seen DisneyWorld before, offer some advice on the best things to do there! I don't want to get back home and find out I missed the best thing in the park!

What I'm getting at is that I need some advice! Help a man out?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 12th 2012, 10:40 PM

What parts are you visiting of the U.S. I live in Michigan! Nothing too exciting there just a lot of lakes to visit! I've been to Disney World once and I was sick but I really wanted to go on the tea cup ride. The castle is really nice to visit. Animal Kingdom was awesome. in Ohio they have Cedar Point with a bunch of roller costers and stuff. Also in Ohio there is the Place called Ravenwood Castle which I like a hotel. But around there is the Hocking Hills area and a lot of hiking going on. California has stuff loike that too. Tennessee has all the country stuff. lIke the Grand Ole Opry. I heard Washington D.C. was a nice place to visit. HmmmI should study the U.S. more.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#3 (permalink)) Old
squirrel glider Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 13th 2012, 10:46 AM

I'll be staying in Florida which is in your south. The south is actually the region I most wanted to see so it should be fun. Much as I'd find a trip across the country pleasing, it's just not in my means. I've been doing some reading about things to know, but I thought perhaps some advice here would do nice.

I read your legal alcohol age is 21, but does that vary at all between your states? I'm hoping you'll say yes. I'm also hoping you'll say Florida's drinking age is really 18 despite what I read. Not that I plan on doing any drinking around DisneyWorld but I've heard you can buy alcohol EVERYWHERE in the states and I'd hate to miss out on such an American experience. I would only purchase it for diplomatic reasons, you see.

I do plan to see the Disney castle while I'm there as well as the Animal Kingdom. It seems I'll have to do one park a day so I know there will be more than I can do in a visit. I think I'm most looking forward to the Hollywood Studios Park.

The types of things I would love to know from American teenagers are things such as what is the best American restaurant? What should I ask for there? And most important of all, where is the best place in the US to meet girls?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 13th 2012, 02:34 PM

Sorry you have to be 21 to drink. Alcohol is not sold on Sundays usually. but if you are a bartender or a restaurant server in Florida you can drink at 18. Sorry about that. We had a huge alcohol problem in the U.S. in like the 1800s and what not. People got addicted. People wasnted to ban the sell of alcohol. It was called the Temperance Movement.

"The types of things I would love to know from American teenagers are things such as what is the best American restaurant? What should I ask for there? And most important of all, where is the best place in the US to meet girls?"

-Restaurants vary from each state. So I don't really remeber what restaurants are in Florida. But most restaurants will have seafood I think. Since Florida is by the water. Main things I would get at a restaurant is a hamburger! Or pizza! Pizza is very popular in the U.S. Best place to meet girls?? The Beaches!

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#5 (permalink)) Old
squirrel glider Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 15th 2012, 02:27 AM

The alcohol thing isn't important to me, so no worries.

So to get the full American experience, I should plan to eat pizza on a beach. I love it! I'm really excited about this trip. Can't wait to see your country! And thanks for your help.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 15th 2012, 02:51 AM

I haven't been out of my state much, except to go to Disney World. Which is probably one of my favourite places. I've been there about five times. Just a little heads up: the lines will be long for rides and attractions at the parks. The best thing to do is to get a fast pass. You get a little slip and then return at the time it says so you can skip ahead of the line. That's what we've always done while on trips there. There are four parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. I've always like the Magic Kingdom the best but that all depends on your personal preference.

Must see attractions and rides in Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Castle, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Mickey's PhilharMagic, "It's a Small World," the "Dreams Come True Parade' (I think it's in the afternoon if I remember correctly), the tea cups, Pirates of the Caribbean. Also catch the fireworks spectacular at night. You won't believe how amazing it is!

Must see attractions and rides in Epcot: Visit whatever "countries" interest you. Soarin', Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: SPACE.

Hollywood Studios: The Hollywood Tower of Terror (Trust me. It's awesome.), Indiana Jones show, MuppetVision (always cute and fun), Rockin' Roller Coaster, Fantasmic fireworks show, Beauty and the Beast live on stage, the Great Movie Ride (It's a LOT of fun, especially for the first time.)

Animal Kingdom: Bug's Life "It's Tough to Be a Bug", Expedition Everest, the safari, The Lion King show, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, The Tree of Life, Jungle Trek.

There are too many restaurants to list, so if you want to view them, it would probably be best to look at the Disney World website. You can learn more about the things I listed above as well. Honestly, don't worry if you don't hit all of the attractions that I listed up there. I've found that it makes for a better trip when you don't plan and you do things spontaneously. There might be some things there that interest you that I haven't listed, too

As for where to find the hottest girls - you'll find them everywhere.

I hope I was of some help. PM me if you wish. Have lots of fun!

-Katelyn :-)

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 15th 2012, 04:06 PM

You're welcome. Glad I could help! Hmmm I have never had pizza on the beach before.... I need to do that!

-Goodnight Tonight

(#8 (permalink)) Old
squirrel glider Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 21st 2012, 01:44 PM

I'm going to try to see all of those things you recommend (Towers of Terror I'm most excited about) and also get this fast pass. It sounds like I should be fine eating at the restaurants in the park, so I suppose pizza on a beach has to wait until my next trip. Can't wait!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: DisneyWorld! - April 21st 2012, 06:43 PM

Well I'm glad that I could help you. Have a fun trip!

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread