TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Is it a scam? -travel agency - April 18th 2012, 11:27 AM

So, i found a good quote on
Emaan Travel.

I originally put the details into the 'ethiopian airline' website.

Emaan travel called me back, and gave me a good quote using egypt air.

However, over the last 3 days, they've called me several times asking me if i've put the 100 deposit into there bank. - they gave me there details.

I've looked online, and there are basically no reviews, though there is one website where it says there a scam.

Any ways to know for sure?
They've got websites, phone numbers etc

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Is it a scam? -travel agency - April 18th 2012, 07:01 PM

Maia, if something is too good to be true, it probably is. If you live in the UK, why are you using a travel agent in Ethiopia? C'mon..

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Is it a scam? -travel agency - April 18th 2012, 07:44 PM

I just checked out their website and they're not ATOL protected and they don't seem to be members of the ABTA. I can't find an address for them either, which seems a bit suspicious. I would say better to be safe than sorry and go for a travel agent that has reviews and definately go for something that had ATOL protection incase the agent/airline goes bust. I use a company called STA travel and they quite often have cheap flights for under 25's and students and they are ATOL protected and everything (it should say right at the bottom of the web page what associations and protections a travel agent is part of and give the membership number and links to the websites of the associations.
Hope this helps.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Is it a scam? -travel agency - April 18th 2012, 10:13 PM

I definitely would NOT go with a company that has no reviews and no address yet suggestion to be a scam. You should really go through a travel agency because then that way your money won't be stolen OR you won't get somewhere and be like kidnapped and killed or sold into the sex trade or something, who knows the lengths that scammers will go. Just be careful and be realistic. If it is to good to be true it probably is and you should definitely think twice before signing up for something that seems sketchy

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Is it a scam? -travel agency - April 18th 2012, 10:49 PM

I wouldn't trust it, at all. I've never booked a flight myself but I doubt an airline would ring you several times to ask if you've put the money into their account yet, after they'd given you their details. Instead, I'd expect it to be dealt with in a more secure, professional way but as I said, never booked a flight before so I don't know how you go about it but it doesn't sound safe at all and if the only information you can find about the site is someone suggesting it's a scam, I'd trust that and go with someone else.

If you're in the UK, there is plenty of travel agents you could go with, all that are reputable and even websites such as bmibaby.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: Is it a scam? -travel agency - April 22nd 2012, 04:19 PM

Thanks guys.
I've gone with flight center instead so it's all good

Closed Thread