TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

[Triggering: Abuse] Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - September 20th 2013, 05:14 PM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

The premiere of SVU is in just five days! For months, the writers have been torturing us on Twitter with sneak peeks, pictures and dialogue from the script. It's been driving a lot of the fandom insane!

So, who is looking forward to the premiere? Who knows what will happen?

If you don't know and want to be spoiled, expand the bit below!

Spoiler:

In the season fourteen finale, Olivia started going after this guy named William Lewis. He's a serial rapist/killer and have left behind many victims. Most of them ended up dead, as repercussion from their trauma or suicide. Captain Cragen sends Liv home for a few days, against her wishes, and when she walks into her apartment, Lewis is there!

The scene & season ends with him saying "Welcome home Detective Benson. "

So, now, season 15 will explore the impact of Liv's trauma and the road to recovery she makes at work and in her love life with Brian Cassidy. The season premiere will leave off a day or two after the finale, I believe. There's already been graphic pictures and clips shown.

Please, someone, discuss this with me! Or each other!

I mean, people talk about it on Twitter but you're only limited to 140 characters and that kind of blows. On the forum, I think you're allowed 10K or 100K characters.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: [Triggering: Abuse] Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - September 20th 2013, 07:23 PM

I really don't like what they've done with the whole episode/premise/etc. I'm going to watch it, but dreadingly. Did they really have to make Olivia a survivor? Was this necessary? I feel that they just couldn't have a woman on that show that hadn't been victimized herself. I really hope that instead, we come back to the episode, and she somehow escapes. If not, I'm not sure how much more of this show I can watch.

And if Amaro has to be the one who saves her (of course, a man) I will also be irritated. WOMEN CAN SAVE THEMSELVES.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: [Triggering: Abuse] Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - September 20th 2013, 07:47 PM

I agree, Traci! I don't like how they had Olivia become a victim (or potential victim, rather). For starters, she has already been assaulted in the past and have been through plenty. They do not need to add "survived a rape" to her list of accomplishments!

I also agree about hoping Olivia saves herself, not have a man come to her rescue... Especially Nick! I mean, I really think she could have saved herself the last time she was assaulted (mind you, I didn't see the episode) and not have Fin come save the day. Plus, if Nick saves her, there'll be more crappy bullshitty drama between him and Brian. Stuff like "you couldn't save your own woman" or whatever else.

I am really dreading the premiere too, and it isn't fair the writers continue to torture us. Even when we're just five days away from the premiere!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: [Triggering: Abuse] Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - September 21st 2013, 10:10 PM

I think that if she dies, I will just set fire to everything because it already is less good without Stabler. Let alone her too!

But yeah, I totally agree that Benson has been through SO much and it's like. Really? Hasn't she proven to the viewers that she's badass and tough and all without having to put her through more?

I hope there's some interesting twist of fate here, like seriously. xD I'm tired of Liv being captured.

OH, and Becki! You still have my number, eh? Text me to remind me to watch?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: [Triggering: Abuse] Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - September 23rd 2013, 05:46 PM

She's not dying. Mariska has signed until at least the end of season 15, plus there are already BTS photos of her filming later episodes. So, we know she's not dying. And the show isn't "less good" without Stabler. If anything, it's better.

Personally, I'm excited for the storyline. Yes, she's been attacked in the past, but it was different then. Fin was in the next room and was able to interfere. It's different now because nobody knows she's even missing until it's too late. The captain sent her home for two days.

There's a lot of controversy on Twitter, but I'm all for the storyline. I don't like that there have been so many spoilers leaked already. I feel like I know what's going to happen.

Mariska's recent interviews have hinted that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe this will be the season Benson gets her happily ever after? At last.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

Closed Thread