TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21

Doctor Who Series 8 - September 6th 2014, 08:58 PM

I am loving the new series of Doctor Who, although Matt will be great miss as he was one of my favourites. I cried so much when he left, was the same with David Tennant. But Peter Capaldi seems to be a great Doctor so far, so funny but serious as well and that's the side of the Doctor I want to see.
There have only been three episodes but I know the series will be finished before I know it and then will have to wait till Christmas.
When I was little I used to watch it, I have watched it since I was three. People try to change me saying I shouldn't watch it, but I'm not changing just because they don't like it.
Who else has been watching the new series? Do you think he is a good Doctor and do you think we will eventually see a softer side to him?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Doctor Who Series 8 - September 6th 2014, 09:22 PM

You're loving it? All I've heard from people has been complaints

I personally don't mind Peter Capaldi as the Doctor but the writing so far this series (and for the latter half of Matt Smith's series) has been pretty poor and I don't like it at all.

It just doesn't compare to the writing in David Tennant's era, the plotlines were better, the characters more developed and back then the entire premise of the new series hadn't been destroyed (bringing Gallifrey back did this).
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21

Re: Doctor Who Series 8 - September 6th 2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
You're loving it? All I've heard from people has been complaints

I personally don't mind Peter Capaldi as the Doctor but the writing so far this series (and for the latter half of Matt Smith's series) has been pretty poor and I don't like it at all.

It just doesn't compare to the writing in David Tennant's era, the plotlines were better, the characters more developed and back then the entire premise of the new series hadn't been destroyed (bringing Gallifrey back did this).
I didn't like that they brought back Gallifrey but the 50th was brilliant. I was gutted when David Tennant left so seeing him back was great
I cried when him and Matt left, I'm a big softy haha.
Personally I love Capaldi as the Doctor but that might have something to do with me watching it since I was three
I love anybody as the Doctor because its not about the actor to me, its about the Doctor. I do get upset when certain actors leave though.
I wasn't very fond of the 9th Doctor so I wasn't too fussed when he left and then David really grew on me

People complain because he is old, it makes me laugh it really does haha. It doesn't matter what age an actor is just as long as they can pull it off.
When David left I said I would never watch it again but as soon as I saw Matt I never stopped watching it

I do think the show is due for some new writers though, clearly Moffat just writes about the same things in it. I didn't like that they brought the Daleks back within two episodes, they should have kept them for the season finale. But he had to jump the gun and just dump them in there. Don't get me wrong, it was a brilliant episode but I think it was just too soon.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Points: 45,116, Level: 30 Points: 45,116, Level: 30 Points: 45,116, Level: 30

Re: Doctor Who Series 8 - September 7th 2014, 12:29 AM

I don't mind Peter Capladi or the new season. However, I'm not really excited for new episodes nor do I feel the need to watch them live like I did with David Tennant's episodes. I did like some of Matt Smith's, but I definitely prefer the Russell T. Davies era overall.
Closed Thread