TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
baccanogal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Izzy

Guildford, Surrey, UK Anime Club - April 24th 2015, 07:16 PM

Hi all!

So I am basically going to be posting this on several teen-orientated websites in the hopes that someone is interested: I have received potential backing to start a teen anime club in Waterstones (the store), Guildford, Surrey, UK (NOT British Columbia in the States...you only make that mistake once, trust me .

So allow me to explain: my first name is Izzy, and I am a fifteen-year-old girl in Surrey and have been looking for an anime club to join. My mum has also been attempting to help me, and today she discovered that Waterstones used to have an anime club but doesn't anymore for whatever reason, and that it would be okay if I wanted to start a club myself (with staff helping out, obviously)! I will receive assistance from the Surrey Council-Library Division in doing this, and we will hopefully get our own place to meet.

So basically, all I want to know now is if there is anybody interested in joining! You need to be 13-18 years old (or near 13 years old at the youngest) and that's pretty much the only requirement, apart from, obviously, being nice and respectful of other people's opinions (we don't want to be starting any obnoxious fan wars in public).

So if you're interested, please just post in this forum your name, age and gender and tell me whether or not an after school club or a weekend club would be more suitable for you and how often you think the club should meet (weekly? bi-weekly? monthly?)

I hope to get some replies!!

(Also, I'm not sure if this was already posted, but it didn't show up in the threads that I started so I'm just assuming it didn't go through for whatever reason.)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Guildford, Surrey, UK Anime Club - April 26th 2015, 07:09 PM

Just saying: British Columbia is in Canada, not the US. I used to live in that exact location, aaaaages ago.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Guildford, Surrey, UK Anime Club - April 27th 2015, 01:27 AM

Hey there.

While I think it's cool that you're trying to get people involved in this, just remember that there are some risks related to organising this kind of thing online. For more information about online safety, you might like to check out this article. Have you tried putting posters up in the local community? You might get more of a response that way, as TeenHelp members are scattered around the globe. Also, I should add that TeenHelp doesn't support, sponsor, or recommend meeting other users from the site, which you can read about here. I'm not trying to put you off the idea, I just want you to be sure you're being careful and going about this the right way.

Take care, and good luck.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread