TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: you can call me Rina

Smile Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 06:49 AM

Degrassi my favorite T.V. show will be cancelled, today will be the last episodes of the series. I just wanted to say that even though it's probably an "normal" thing to just watch an T.V. show and move on with your life for many people. To me it felt like the characters became my best friends and my classmates, and much more. I didn't have many friends in middle school or now in high school. For me I can relate to some of the characters, and I feel like I could watch the show and see that someone could understand some of the things I go through. I had someone to laugh with, cry with, and even sometimes I could image myself being in the T.V. show in certain episodes. It has been an awesome time in my life watching Degrassi. I will be for ever thankful for the things Degrassi has given me. I will miss watching Clare, Eli, Ali, Conner, Jenna, Drew, Dallas, Imogen, Becky, Adam, and many more on "Degrassi Friday's" (which ended up being switched to Tuesday's).
So anyways I just wanted to say goodbye to Degrassi. ~A fellow Degrassian <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else watch this amazing T.V. show? Also there is suppose to be an "Degrassi: Next Class" coming out in 2016 following the the rest of the characters story lines of the ones that haven't yet graduated. It will be on netflix, and I don't have netflix I have another cable provider, ugh. I'm obviously gonna have to get it or something. :P

Last edited by ~Creative Disaster~; August 1st 2015 at 07:13 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 07:03 AM

I watched degrassi: the next generation and up until adam arrived of the new one then quit. They repeated things they already did. I just it wasn't interesting anymore.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 07:33 AM

I liked Degrassi! I started watching it at the beginning of season 5 because my friends started watching it and they would all meet at my one friend's house to watch it. That and it was a Canadian show. I stopped watching it after season 11 though.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 01:19 PM

I thought they stopped making episodes awhile ago.

I watched a few episodes but never continued to watch, I guess I had other tastes then.

I do know Degrassi has done some amazing campaigns over the years in support of many mental health struggles. Which that is inspiring.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 02:09 PM

Honestly, I think it should have ended a very long time ago. I watched the original seasons of The Next Generation, I watched consistently up until around the time Fiona left I think. I don't even remember. If they had ended it when the original cast left instead of adding a ton more there would have been enough time that they could be starting a new generation by now, maybe even with Emma's half brother in it. I liked Degrassi a lot, and it's great that the show touched on so many issues but I did feel like some of the issues got resolved unrealistically fast.

As for Netflix goes, if I were you I'd wait until the show is entirely released on Netflix (or close to it) and get a 30 day free trial. Then you can see it without having to pay. I personally think it's worth it if you have the money.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 03:54 PM

I can understand what most of you are talking about. I felt more connected to the original cast (Degrassi Next Generation) and the others shows from the Degrassi franchise as well. But I still continued to watch all of the episodes, because they still talked about some of the obstacles that teens face and I had still been hooked on the original show show anyways. I didn't want to miss out on any good new story lines they had up there sleeves. :P

I feel like they had to change the topics which they used to talk about to stay current, ie using a lot more technology and social media in the episodes. To fit an teenager in today's world.

I did wish though that when they tried to tackle important issues that they would spend more time on it as well, because for example if you have an mental illness it won't be in recover in the a couple weeks you just got diagnosed or in their case a few episodes. The directors still would bring it up every once in a while just not as much as I would have liked to see.

Maybe for some people it is that way but usually when you struggle with mental illness even if it has times when your good and times when your bad (episodes), you still struggle all the time to stay recovered or at least healthy. But I realized that they couldn't take to much time to talk about one topic to keep all of their views happy with different things.

Every time a new season would come out I thought I would stop watching but I ended up watching the whole series till the end, which in the end I'm glad I did.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 03:58 PM

I am glad Degrassi is ending and I don't think there should be a fourth series in the Degrassi franchise. It began before I was even born and it's ending now some thirty years later--despite that seven year gap in between DH and DTNG--it's over with. It was about the kids of Degrassi Street when they were really young, then they went on to junior high and, hence, Degrassi JH. Spike gave birth to Emma, and she was the only child to appear before DH ended. Then the third series began in 2001, and I loved that series!

That was Degrassi TNG was originally: Emma, Manny, JT, and their classmates. This series, what is that even? Did Emma ever speak to Clare? How are they even associated? They just wanted to push the series on and on after Emma graduated. I admit, though, I did like some of the episodes in season 9 and 10. After Holly J, Fiona, and Mia left though, I didn't like it as much.

I liked Clare, but I only liked her as the little sister and not the main character.

It needs to end.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 04:35 PM

~ Arterial Rainbow - Quote
"I liked Degrassi a lot, and it's great that the show touched on so many issues but I did feel like some of the issues got resolved unrealistically fast."

~Creative Disaster~ - I can agree with you on that.

~ Arterial Rainbow - Quote
"As for Netflix goes, if I were you I'd wait until the show is entirely released on Netflix (or close to it) and get a 30 day free trial. Then you can see it without having to pay. I personally think it's worth it if you have the money."

~Creative Disaster~ - I will probably be doing what you suggested, Trying out Netflix for an 30 day free trial. Can you explain what Netflix really is? I know that they have T.V. show and movies, I think.??? Like is it an cable provider with everything like any other cable provider or is it something that I could have in addition to already having an cable provider. I just don't want to waste money on something I don't need since I already have Comcast and don't two separate cable bills, basically. :P

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 1st 2015, 08:18 PM

It will be on Netflix? Oh, I'm gonna binge-watch the crap out of that.

I hate to be a cranky old person, but I must agree with others. I stopped watching at the end of season 7, but even season 6 was shaky. But when everybody was going off to college and they were introducing the Lacherst characters, it just got too far-fetched and weird. I'm glad to hear others continued to enjoy it, though. My sister recently watched the new episodes and (spoiler alert?) apparently Claire got pregnant...I only saw her as Darcy's sister that was all prude and stuff. So that's weird.

Aren't they making a new show?

Update: Yeah, it's called "Degrassi: The Next Class" and that's all that's showing up on Netflix with a "Coming in 2016." Wtf? I want to watch the old episodes. They better put Next Generation up, and particularly, the good seasons of 3-5.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 2nd 2015, 12:40 AM

Yes, I would love to see the earlier season of TNG on Netflix or Amazon Prime! I hate that they only have 11-14 on.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 2nd 2015, 04:49 PM

Netflix picked up Degrassi for a new named season called Degrassi Next Class, it will be 20 episodes long. I have no idea if they're going to put all the episodes on though.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/09...-class-netflix

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 8th 2015, 06:19 AM

Thanks to everyone who commented on if they use to watch degrassi!

I'll really miss the show, but I guess it couldn't go on forever! : (

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 8th 2015, 06:34 AM

Yeah, I only got the channel that aired it around season 3 of the next generation and then they repeated all the ones I missed so it became my guilty pleasure and then, like a lot of shows do it lost something and while I continued to watch it, it wasn't as good and felt like it had run it's course. Plus they covered a lot of the same things instead of finding new stuff, it's not like there's a shortage of topics to cover. I'd watch the old repeats over the new ones any day.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 8th 2015, 05:07 PM

I can't believe it's over this show was my life. It covered so many topics that I went through, and more. I sobbed with it, laughed with it, and fell in love with it. So many memories , and cute couples. RIP Degrassi

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Angeleyez07 Offline
Have a great weekend everyone
Not a n00b

Re: Bye, Degrassi. :'( - August 14th 2015, 07:26 PM

I watched Degrassi also I watched The Next Generation with Emma and Shawn and JT and Toby and Liberety and Ellie and Craig and Marco and Manny and Ashley and Jimmy aka Drake and Paige and Spinner and also the school shooting episode with Rick and Jimmy being put in a wheel chair and etc was a very important and special episode to watch and made me emotional. And also the episode where JT dies after being knifed and dies After the Next Generation I kind of got into the next seasons but not the same. I like The Next Generation also because of the original cast like Snake and Spike( Emmas Parents) and Joey and Caitlyn from Degrassi

If you want to talk feel free to PM Me
  Send a message via Yahoo to Angeleyez07  
Closed Thread