TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17

How do I talk to my doctor. - September 19th 2015, 10:09 PM

So, I went to my doctor to speak about my anxiety and to hopefully find a new medicine besides the benzo drug I have been on for the past two years. He gave me celexa, but it has made my anxiety a lot worse, so I stopped taking it (only was on for 10 days) and I plan on contacting him Monday. I'm a teacher, so I can't be drowsy all day. I tried taking it at night and I woke up and had the worst panic attack I have ever had since i have been diagnosed with generalized/panic disorder. I felt like a zombie. And frankly that's not how I want to live my life.

My worry is. He wanted to taper me of the Klonopin but he's doing it to fast for my liking. I'm supposed to be halving my Klonopin but I can't because I stopped taking the Celexa. I'm worried he won'y write me a prescripition for another bottle of Klonopin and my body is going to be out of whack along with my anxiety.

It takes forever to get into a physcitrist and I'm going to be running out of medication soon. I really don't know what to do. I just want my anxiety to go away. And I want to stay on the Klonopin until we find a solid medication. I just accepted this teaching position and I can't handle sever side effects or withdrawl symptoms right now. :/

What should I do or say? I can text my doctor at any time with medical questions and get in the day that I call and tell him I need an appointment. But thus far, I don't know what to tell him other than: I need more Klonopin (which makes me sound addicted, which is slightly true, but I don't abuse it.) and that I'm not taking the crappy medicine he prescribed me because the side effects were to intense for my liking. I don't want to risk having another panic attack because of the medicine. It was to scary. =/

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: How do I talk to my doctor. - September 20th 2015, 10:16 AM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time with changes in medication.

I think your best option is to tell your doctor what you have written here: that you stopped taking the celexa because it made you drowsy (and you're a teacher) and that you felt it made your anxiety worse with the bad panic attacks. Also, that you want to come off the Klonopin slower than what you are already because of the anxiety and withdrawal/side effects.

Are you having any counselling at all? Counselling can help deal with anxiety and panic attacks so that even if you still have them with new medication, you'll be able to manage them better.

Take care

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread