TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Suicide Squad. What did you think of the movie? - August 12th 2016, 01:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I want to talk to more people about this movie, so I thought I'd reach out to you guys.

I'm going to admit, in my personal opinion, I believe the movie isn't as bad as critics are saying, but not as great as the audiences are saying.

Things I didn't like about the movie:

1) Batman. I cannot stand this new Batman and so many people are appalled by my opinion. I did not like Batman vs Superman at all. I thought the guy who played Lex Luthor did a great job acting, but that was about it. In Suicide Squad, I was really upset with the Batman kissing an unconscious Harley Quinn. Also, Batman really doesn't agree with Amanda Waller's philosophies, he wouldn't just easily do something for her, like take the villains to her. It wasn't like Batman at all. And it makes me sad. But he didn't have a big part in the movie so I'm not going to stress over how I cannot stand him so much.

2) The Joker. More people are appalled by my opinion of Joker. Jared Leto is a great actor, I can admit to that. But in this movie, he didn't really do anything the Joker would do. There was no robbing banks, being really abusive to Harley Quinn, it was just a love story and it kind of bored me to be honest. Of course, I don't encourage abuse or anything. But I like Harley Quinn because she learns and grows and learns how to stand up for herself after what the Joker puts her through. This movie didn't show that. It showed she was Joker's sex toy pretty much. I'm hoping, since they are planning to make more movies, they work with that part of the story a little bit.

3) The background music. Throughout like 3/4 of the movie there was background music. I just found it excessive. I really didn't understand the music they were playing while showing Superman's funeral. It just kind of annoyed me.

Things I did like:

1) The Enchantress. I was really happy with her character. I wish she would've had more screen time. But she is from the older comics and I think they did a great job with modernizing her. Cara's acting wasn't even that bad, despite what most people say about her. I thought she did a way better job in this than she did in Paper Towns. They were also saying she wasn't supposed to do much with her powers, but she did. And I was just really happy how they fit her into the story. I liked her fight scene. It was better than what I thought it would be like.

2) Harley Quinn. There were a few questionable parts, but overall, I think Margot Robbie did a great job. I loved the jokes. Cheesy, but good. I was impressed with this take on Harley.

3) Deadshot. It's Will Smith. He's a great actor, does a great job. I rest my case.

4) Katana. I was just really happy they had her speaking in Japanese. I love her character. Story behind her was pretty good too.

5) El Diablo. I was so impressed with his background story. It was deep. You could feel the emotion. I was much more pleased with his character than I thought I would be.

What did you guys think? Do you agree/ disagree with my opinions?

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Svetlana Volkova

Re: Suicide Squad. What did you think of the movie? - August 12th 2016, 02:42 AM

I haven't seen the movie, but i've seen a few clips and I'm HUGE on comics, so my opinion my be more harsh. I don't think Jared Leto is a good fit, they took too many ideas and put it all into one, he doesn't even look like the joker. Harley Quinn I didn't like because her voice wasn't as high pitched and she was too sexualized imo. I think Emily Browning has the looks for Harley Quinn and could've played her better, same with Amanda Seyfred. All in all,I do understand they tried a different approach but they took too many ideas and put it into one movie.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coey Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cody

Re: Suicide Squad. What did you think of the movie? - August 24th 2016, 03:57 PM

I honestly have no interest in seeing the movie, sorry.

Closed Thread