TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 8th 2017, 08:27 PM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I thought this would be good for discussing The Last Jedi, long as the thread is kept spoiler-free (at least until its' release next friday)

One thing that was assumed as a huge plot twist is that Rey would turn to the dark and Ben would become good. Not sure how or why but it made me wonder

What I'd like to see is how Chewbacca fares without his long term comrade it's like ant with no dec for lack of better comparisons

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 19th 2017, 05:54 AM

I really enjoyed this movie. I think I liked it better than the Force Awakens...to be honest. I know a lot of people who feel it is one of the best ones made in a long while.

I did find bits of it predictable such as:

Spoiler:
The whole situation with Rey and Ben. I knew he was too far gone and even though I wish he had a change of heart I knew that wouldn't make sense for the next movie. I predicted how it would end and I predicted most of the entire scene with Rey, Ben and Snoke.

I loved the Porgs and I keep telling my boyfriend we need one. I really want to go and buy one from the disney store or something (maybe check online as well). I thought that the relationship that Chewbacca and the porgs had was really cute.

Also, I know a lot of people disliked the humor in the movie but I really liked it. I know there was one instance where my boyfriend busted up laughing and couldn't stop. I like movies that include humor but aren't comedy movies.

I am interested to see what they do with Carrie Fisher's character (Leia). I HOPE that they will be able to figure out a way to give that character a meaningful exit...because she has been such an integral part to the series and it wouldn't be right if her 'exit' was handled terribly.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 20th 2017, 09:23 PM

I think it's the best star wars movie ever.
I loved how after Luke through his lightsaber behind him, those creatures started to nibble at it
You have to love the chemistry between Poe Dameron and C3PO thats meant to be sarcastic btw

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 21st 2017, 07:55 PM

Poe is probably one of my favorite characters and his relationship with the droids are pretty cool as well.

I don't know that I feel it is the best ( I think I'll always prefer the original three) but I did like it a lot. I am not certain why so many people hate it but I do know there are people who say "You aren't a true Star Wars fan if you don't hate every movie" This seems pretty accurate for a lot of Star Wars fans!

This is probably my favorite scene of the movie:

I admit, I really need a porg!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 21st 2017, 10:11 PM

Some people have said that the new trilogy is too inspired by the original
Poes really good it's just the way he's adamant about taking things into his own hands so not going to listen to what Leia or Laura Derns character (cant remember name) tells him

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 22nd 2017, 04:01 AM

I personally haven't seen the star wars (I'll probably watch them once I have some free time) I've heard a lot of good things about the other ones, but surprisingly, I haven't heard much about this one.

Also, I have added a spoiler prefix, just to be on the safe side.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Matter Offline
The Space Essence
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 22nd 2017, 01:36 PM

I'm a huge SW fan, albeit my favourite parts are the ones from the oldest trilogy and I'm kind of skeptical about the newest ones. For me even the 1-3 wasn't as good as 4-6
But honestly, I was both disappointed and not disappointed after The Force Awakens, because I simultaneously knew I probably wouldn't like it and I hoped I would. Well - I didn't really. It was rather meagre for me. Especially the plot, but the characters weren't too deep either.
I feel like both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are just constant shifting around Kylo's 'good side'-'bad side'-'good side'-'bad side' and so on. Theoretically something happens, but in fact nothing happens. Nothing is resolved in those films.
Oh, and Snoke. Gosh, this character's arc was just so. disappointing. (And Holdo, lol, she was also disappointing & a poor copy of Leia).
Rey and Kylo are bland. The only good characters in the new films are the ones from the old, but they're being killed off one by one currently.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: The Last Jedi (Star Wars) - December 24th 2017, 10:02 AM

Finn was good in that film - who can forget his confrontation with Phasma?
Ren was such a liar, telling Hux that it was Rey who killed Snoke.
Still, i'm glad they didn't end up with Snoke torturing Rey, while she begs Kylo for help.
They do seem to be repeating a lot of things from the original trilogy.

Closed Thread