TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Bright - December 30th 2017, 11:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Has anyone seen the movie on Netflix? What did you all think? I actually liked it more than I thought I would!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Bright - January 1st 2018, 02:35 PM

Hey there!

So I did watch Bright as soon as it was released - mainly because I'm a huge Will Smith fan. I really enjoyed the movie. I think a "us VS them" way of things (a small group vs the world) and I love seeing the under-dogs win. It has all the parts of a movie theme that I love, inner-conflict that is resolved due to a shared experience with one another, and then a strong relationship is formed that dominates the situation.

I know there was a lot of controversy over the director/writer of the movie, but I'd rather not get into that. Overall, the movie itself I think was good. HOWEVER, I would not rate this as a good film for Will Smith. I wouldn't say this was in his top 10 best movies.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Bright - January 1st 2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hey there!

So I did watch Bright as soon as it was released - mainly because I'm a huge Will Smith fan. I really enjoyed the movie. I think a "us VS them" way of things (a small group vs the world) and I love seeing the under-dogs win. It has all the parts of a movie theme that I love, inner-conflict that is resolved due to a shared experience with one another, and then a strong relationship is formed that dominates the situation.

I know there was a lot of controversy over the director/writer of the movie, but I'd rather not get into that. Overall, the movie itself I think was good. HOWEVER, I would not rate this as a good film for Will Smith. I wouldn't say this was in his top 10 best movies.

Best wishes,
Chris
I did not know there was a controversy with the Write/director. I did know some people were criticizing the way they dealt with the topic of racism by using fantasy creatures. I have thoughts on this but don't feel it is necessary to discuss.

I can say the one issue I had with the movie is I felt like there was a LOT they were trying to explain (world building) while also trying to keep to a plot/storyline. I think it might have helped if the movie had been a bit longer or something but I still enjoyed it quite a bit and feel as though it is favorite of 2017.

I thought Will Smith did a good job but he is a relatively good actor so I shouldn't have been surprised.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MorbidDaisies Offline
< < > >
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Bright - January 2nd 2018, 12:56 AM

I really loved it, but I would have loved it more if it was a series. There's a lot of unexplained stuff and a series would have explained it more. I really loved it. I've seen it about three times and I'm not bored yet.

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Bright - January 2nd 2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
I really loved it, but I would have loved it more if it was a series. There's a lot of unexplained stuff and a series would have explained it more. I really loved it. I've seen it about three times and I'm not bored yet.
That is how I felt too. I think that making it into a series (even if it was just one season) would have made it work better because there was SOOO much that needed to be explained. That being said, there were probably reasons as to why they didn't end up going this route.

Closed Thread