TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   New Doctor? Thoughts? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t41164-new-doctor-thoughts/)

LlamaLlamaDuck April 3rd 2010 07:06 PM

New Doctor? Thoughts?

What do you guys think about Matt Smith as the new doctor? Do you like him?

Good? Bad?

Personally, I don't like him. And I don't like that everything changed, for me David Tennant will always be THE Doctor.

What do you guys think?

dr2005 April 3rd 2010 07:23 PM

Re: New Doctor? Thoughts?

I thought it was quite a good debut to be fair - perhaps a bit too wacky at times, but then David Tennant did the same thing as well and on the whole I think he got the whole genius/madman thing balanced quite well. The humour also worked well most of the time, and the signs are that the relationship between the Doctor and Amy should be quite an interesting storyline. Still not sure about that bow tie though...

It was a cautious start considering what they could have done instead, but I'm happy with it so far.

Magic. April 4th 2010 08:25 AM

I'm fairly ashamed to say I voted yes. I LOVED Tennant, and he'll always be the best doctor in my eyes. But Matt Smith isn't as bad as I expected him to be. I expected to hate it and not want to watch Dr Who anymore, but I will. I will definately miss David Tennant's AMAZING wit though :)
I do think the graphics weren't really up to what they have been though ...

Barbed Lungs April 4th 2010 07:43 PM

I can't really decide on him but then again I aen't really liked any of the 'new' doctors starting with Paul McGann.(sp?)

For me Tom Baker will always be THE Doctor. I'll be impressed if anyone beats him running time as the doctor though (7 years)

LlamaLlamaDuck April 4th 2010 09:16 PM

Well, to be honest, I am very biased. I only saw about 20 minutes of it and haven't watched the recording yet.
I just....there's something about Matt Smith that I just don;t like, he'll never be the Doctor for me and, to be honest, what kind of 'catchphrase' is Geronimo?

niente_ April 4th 2010 09:27 PM

I was totally in love with David Tenn-inch but I reckon this new doctor will grow on me. I don't know if it's a good idea for the BBC to re-design everything, even down to the sonic screwdriver ... but I guess if they didn't Matt would have a harder time trying to fill David's shoes as the Doctor. I also think Matt is kinda cute in a slightly geeky way ... I wasn't too gutted when he took his top off (though David Tennant should have done that too!)

Not liking the bow tie, but I think they're trying to combine new updated shiny tardis/doctor/screwdriver with an old fashioned costume for the Doctor, like it used to be in the old days.

All the guys seem to like the new assistant. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact she was wearing a police woman's outfit for half of the episode ...

RandomRed April 4th 2010 11:42 PM

I think he pulled it off well. Although David Tenn-inch Tennant will always be the doctor for me. Although The Girl that plays Any is from where i am from never realised my accent was so strong haha.

Tericon April 6th 2010 01:55 PM

I think its also important to state that me, my girlfriend and my best guy mate are all in agreement that the new assistant is absolutely goregous, tbh, I prefer her to him, but I think he made a very promising debut