TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye

I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Scary Movies - September 29th 2011, 08:08 AM

Can anyone suggest some really scary movies which could scare the shit outta me? I am trying to avoid going into SH so I need something that can actually make me close my eyes.
P.S. I prefer zombies and the supernatural.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Scary Movies - September 29th 2011, 08:50 AM

I'm the type of person who never gets scared at movies. I can safely say that the only movie that has ever freaked me out/made me jump was The Descent.

Fucking scary lol.

But don't watch the sequel, it's lame.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Scary Movies - September 29th 2011, 09:28 AM

Room 1408 terrified me but it is an 18 ... it's a supernatural based one. There's others but that was always the one that scared me most.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - September 29th 2011, 07:32 PM

I like "The Ring" & "Haunting in Connecticut"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Scary Movies - September 29th 2011, 08:08 PM

Fragile

Freakin' Terrifying. Remember watching it with my 4 best friends at like 12 and we almost wet ourselves.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - September 29th 2011, 08:26 PM

Haunting in Connecticut.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Scary Movies - September 30th 2011, 02:03 PM

The Ring is meant to be scary apparently (but watch the orignal Japanese made film (made in english btw), not the newer America one as I heard it's better )

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Scary Movies - October 1st 2011, 01:32 AM

Mirrors - I guess. Scary movies don't really scare me. Some Horro movies I like are The Grude Movies!

"There wouldn't be a song called 'You Found Me' had God known'How to Save a Life.'"

"Concern yourself with only your matters." -E.A.W.

R.I.P. Tatyana Sawka June 20, 1998- April 9, 2012
R.I.P. Patch Herrmann January 29, 2000- Decmeber 6, 2012

(#9 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Scary Movies - October 1st 2011, 09:43 AM

Started watching Paranormal Activity last night. Got bored about half an hour in. Incredibly tedious movie with cheap scares. Completely overrated.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 1st 2011, 01:17 PM

Thank you all! Now I am confused which movie to see xD

Which one of these has the most bloodshed and freaky faces and all?

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

Last edited by Solivagant; October 1st 2011 at 01:38 PM.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - October 1st 2011, 09:39 PM

I think "Haunting in Connecticut" was both gross (for example, showed eye lids cut off of someone) & freaky. I think it's more along the lines you're looking for.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 3rd 2011, 10:34 AM

Ohk,...thanks a lot!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 3rd 2011, 11:07 AM

I'm still behind 1408 ... you never see what's making the bad stuff happen so it's really creepy ... but there's still plenty of gore in it

Again, gonna say for morality's sake, you are 15 these are all 18s. Much as I did it my self ... laws etc say no :P

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 3rd 2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks. I'll need some really scary shit to scare me enough. And there's no rule book which says that I'll suddenly develop sense enough to see it on my 18th birthday :P

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 3rd 2011, 12:40 PM

Just feeling obliged to recommend legally etc. It's your choice to stick to it or not haha, God knows I watched these movies before I was 18.
If you want them scarier I'm sure you'll know the lights rule. Lights off, watch alone. Makes pretty much any horror movie scarier. I couldn't sleep after doing this with 1408 ...
P.S. I know noone's recommended it, but people usually do, the Shining ... actually not that scary. I think I jumped once, but the blood etc, nothing on other movies.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 4th 2011, 02:46 PM

I was confused about watching it alone. But now that you've said it, thats exactly what I am going to do :P

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - October 6th 2011, 06:56 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Salo. You'll need sub-titles because it's not in English and due to its content, it's banned in many countries. It has deep political and philosophical meaning but I won't get into all that, other than saying it was filmed in the 1940s and seeks to show the worst, most depraved behaviours possible of humanity. It's not a slasher by any means, if you want that, watch a movie with Jason (i.e. Friday The 13th as a TV series or the movies, Freddy vs. Jason, etc...). You may want to avoid Jason X because it was downright boring and an insult to Jason.

Other movies would be Hostel, Hostel: Part II, Ichi the Killer, Borderland (has some rather weird scenes as well), Captivity (some parts are a bit slow), I Spit On Your Grave (I liked it but many didn't because it's apparently a shitty remake), The Last House on the Left, and The Collector.

If you want a rather slow and lamer movies, go for I Know Who Killed Me. It's meant to be a brutal horror movie but it's more like a shitty mystery or detective movie. Also, try Untraceable. I found it to be a confusing movie and couldn't understand the main themes at all.

Lastly, this is a movie that I haven't gotten around to watching but is meant to be good, Baise-moi (French term for fuck me).

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Scary Movies - October 6th 2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Salo.
That's because it's not scary in a 'Ahh! Made me jump!' kind of way but a 'Okay, time to take a sledge hammer to my head' kind of way.

Quote:
If you want a rather slow and lamer movies, go for I Know Who Killed Me. It's meant to be a brutal horror movie but it's more like a shitty mystery or detective movie.
How did you go from Salo to I Know Who Killed me? I would rather shoot myself than watch either again, but for different reasons. I guess it's scary in the sense that someone actually thought Lindsay Lohan as an indentical twin stripper with a few lost limbs running around trying to figure out why parts keep falling off her would make a good movie.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 7th 2011, 03:20 PM

Both of you are confusing me!

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - October 7th 2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Salo. You'll need sub-titles because it's not in English and due to its content, it's banned in many countries. It has deep political and philosophical meaning but I won't get into all that, other than saying it was filmed in the 1940s and seeks to show the worst, most depraved behaviours possible of humanity. It's not a slasher by any means, if you want that, watch a movie with Jason (i.e. Friday The 13th as a TV series or the movies, Freddy vs. Jason, etc...). You may want to avoid Jason X because it was downright boring and an insult to Jason.

Other movies would be Hostel, Hostel: Part II, Ichi the Killer, Borderland (has some rather weird scenes as well), Captivity (some parts are a bit slow), I Spit On Your Grave (I liked it but many didn't because it's apparently a shitty remake), The Last House on the Left, and The Collector.

If you want a rather slow and lamer movies, go for I Know Who Killed Me. It's meant to be a brutal horror movie but it's more like a shitty mystery or detective movie. Also, try Untraceable. I found it to be a confusing movie and couldn't understand the main themes at all.

Lastly, this is a movie that I haven't gotten around to watching but is meant to be good, Baise-moi (French term for fuck me).
I would definitely not recommend "Salo". It isn't scary at all & it just made me want to puke.

As for the other movies, I don't know what types of movies you're allowed to watch, but a few of those are very inappropriate (rated R). So definitely check before buying/renting.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - October 8th 2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
How did you go from Salo to I Know Who Killed me?
Apparently it wasn't evident to you that I gave a range of movies and wrote, "If you want a rather slow and lamer movie, go for I Know Who Killed Me". That is clearly distinguishing it from the other movies I listed because I cannot bring myself to lump I Know Who Killed Me together with Salo without differentiating the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely Yours View Post

As for the other movies, I don't know what types of movies you're allowed to watch, but a few of those are very inappropriate (rated R). So definitely check before buying/renting.
I do check before buying/renting them and the inappropriate factor is what always makes it interesting. In terms of what movies I'm allowed to watch, I assume you're referring to what movies my parents will let me watch. Whenever we go to buy or rent a DVD, my parents choose their own (sometimes my father and mother get different DVDs) and I choose a DVD, such as the ones I mentioned or something else that sounds promising. When I was a lot younger then my parents would say, "no, no, put that back and find something else" but that stopped a while ago.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - October 8th 2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I do check before buying/renting them and the inappropriate factor is what always makes it interesting. In terms of what movies I'm allowed to watch, I assume you're referring to what movies my parents will let me watch. Whenever we go to buy or rent a DVD, my parents choose their own (sometimes my father and mother get different DVDs) and I choose a DVD, such as the ones I mentioned or something else that sounds promising. When I was a lot younger then my parents would say, "no, no, put that back and find something else" but that stopped a while ago.
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the original poster.

Last edited by Sincerely Yours ♥; October 8th 2011 at 09:36 PM.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 9th 2011, 02:56 PM

^^
lol!
I got my net speed back finally!
SO I am gonna start downloading all these movies. Lets see who recommended the scariest movie in here!

(#24 (permalink)) Old
jonspaker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scary Movies - October 15th 2011, 11:05 AM

I hope you've enjoyed recently released Tucker and Dale vs Evil movie. I love this movie story and would like to recommend you to go watch it, if you've missed this brilliant release movie of the month.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Scary Movies - October 18th 2011, 04:41 PM

I saw The Haunting in Connecticut and it was like awesome! Scared the shit outta me! BUt then there was I drama with a big cockroach in the washroom and I lost all the fear :P xD

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Re: Scary Movies - October 18th 2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
I saw The Haunting in Connecticut and it was like awesome! Scared the shit outta me! BUt then there was I drama with a big cockroach in the washroom and I lost all the fear :P xD
Haha I'm glad you liked it. I saw that movie in theatres & I was covering my eyes during all the gross scenes. I also left a hand indent in my boyfriend's hand from holding it so hard!

(#27 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Scary Movies - October 19th 2011, 09:26 AM

Zombie Land wasn't really scary but it was slightly amusing.
Insidious.
Hide and Seek.
Possibly The Human Centipede.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Today