TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lindsey98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsey

Points: 6,744, Level: 12 Points: 6,744, Level: 12 Points: 6,744, Level: 12

My sister at college - February 3rd 2014, 03:20 AM

I miss my sister terribly. I know she's really happy at college but sometimes I just really miss her. And since my friends sister died I really really miss her. I FaceTime her sometomes but she's always busy and I'm always busy. It was 11:30 at night when she hung up on me. I just wanted to talk for 15 more minutes. So I called her back until she answered. She yelled at me annoyed what do you want? And for some reason I just started to cry. At first she thought I was faking but then she eventually realized I wasn't. She just said goodnight and hung up. She told our mom. And she told her that she thought maybe she should move back home because I missed her. I couldn't let her do that. She loved it at college and her boyfriend is there and she's happy. My mom told me I can't talk to her for a week to make sure she doesn't worry and want to come back because of me. I don't want her to move back but I still want to keep in touch without her getting worried what should I do?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: My sister at college - February 3rd 2014, 03:38 AM

Maybe after that week your mom doesn't want you talking to her is up, you can communicate your feelings to your sister. Let her know you don't want her to move back but you do want to keep in touch with her without her getting worried. Ask her if maybe the two of you can set up at least some time per week where the two of you can talk. For example, maybe if she's free on Saturdays, the two of you can set aside some time that day where the two of you can talk each week. It may help to at least have a set time to talk.

For a while, my sister moved up to a place in New York that was right by the Canadian border. We also wrote each other letters. Letters are a good way to keep in touch because you can write one to keep her informed of what's going on in your life, and when she has some time in between classes or on a free day, she can keep you updated as well.

It may also help for you to get out more so you don't have as much time to dwell on things. Maybe join clubs and activities or hang out more with friends, for example. Of course you'll still miss her some and that's normal, but it may help to get your mind off of her for a little while.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread