TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Music Discuss your favorite musicians and music, whether you listen or play, here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Siobhan

Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 05:35 PM

Hi!

Does anyone have any favourite rock/hard rock/metal music? Mine are:

Icon For Hire - 'Only a Memory', 'Iodine', 'Theatre', 'Pieces', 'Cynics and Critics' and 'Hope of Morning'
The Letter Black - 'Break Out', 'Sick Charade' and 'Up From The Ashes'
Flyleaf - 'Cassie', 'I'm So Sick', 'Fully Alive' and 'Marionette'
Fireflight - 'Unbreakable', 'Stay Close' and 'Stand Up'
The Nearly Deads - 'Reasons', 'Changeover', 'Never Look Back' and 'Brave'
Evanescence - 'Bring Me To Life' and 'Haunted' (stereotypical, I know )
Red - 'Hold Me Now', 'Let It Burn', 'Not Alone', 'Already Over' and 'Breathe Into Me'
Foo Fighters - 'The Pretender'

That's all I can think of off the top of my head! Do any of you guys like any of the songs above? Do you know of any other bands/singers I might like?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 06:04 PM

I've got tons of beloved tracks and albums, but those that I love most...

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Sepultura - Basically everything, from their first record to Roorback (didn't listen to last three albums yet)

Amon Amarth - Mainly Surtur Raising album, but earlier have some good stuff too,
Twilight of the Thunder God for example.

In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape, Reroute to Remain are my two favourite albums from their modern alternative metal/metalcore era. Flawed, but very fun to listen.

Dark Tranquility - Damage Done. Fantastic album.

Insomnium - Oh, whatever those guys touch is gold. Weather the Storm and Daughter of the Moon are my all-time favourites, just cause of the amount of emotion put into them.

Delain - April Rain, The Human Contradiction and their newest EP, Lunar Prelude are fantastic. In my mind, this is the best of Dutch symphonic metal bands.

Lately I've been binging on Nightwish's "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" (just the track, not the entire album) and its pretty good.

I also have few other things (Septicflesh' Sumerian Daemons, Metallica's St.Anger) but I have all bands listed on my profile, and writing all albums I enjoy would take a long time :P

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuqen View Post
I've got tons of beloved tracks and albums, but those that I love most...

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Sepultura - Basically everything, from their first record to Roorback (didn't listen to last three albums yet)

Amon Amarth - Mainly Surtur Raising album, but earlier have some good stuff too,
Twilight of the Thunder God for example.

In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape, Reroute to Remain are my two favourite albums from their modern alternative metal/metalcore era. Flawed, but very fun to listen.

Dark Tranquility - Damage Done. Fantastic album.

Insomnium - Oh, whatever those guys touch is gold. Weather the Storm and Daughter of the Moon are my all-time favourites, just cause of the amount of emotion put into them.

Delain - April Rain, The Human Contradiction and their newest EP, Lunar Prelude are fantastic. In my mind, this is the best of Dutch symphonic metal bands.

Lately I've been binging on Nightwish's "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" (just the track, not the entire album) and its pretty good.

I also have few other things (Septicflesh' Sumerian Daemons, Metallica's St.Anger) but I have all bands listed on my profile, and writing all albums I enjoy would take a long time :P
Hi!

Wow, your taste is so cool! I also like Pantera. I'll have to have a listen to the other stuff you've mentioned.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 07:11 PM

Reading your preferences, I might suggest Good Charlotte. They play pop punk, and have a pretty catchy tunes here and there. :P

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 07:15 PM

Blue Oyster Cult, especially the songs 'Damaged' and ''this ain't the summer of love'

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuqen View Post
Reading your preferences, I might suggest Good Charlotte. They play pop punk, and have a pretty catchy tunes here and there. :P
Thanks for the suggestion! I quite like a few of their songs, although some of them are too 'pop' for me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 16th 2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDirtySoul View Post
Blue Oyster Cult, especially the songs 'Damaged' and ''this ain't the summer of love'
Oh my God, my dad and I used to listen to this band together a few years back and went to one of their concerts together! Thanks so much for the throwback!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 17th 2016, 01:25 AM

You might like Set It Off, they're more pop punky. There's also Nonpoint, Beartooth, and Saint Asonia.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Freedom. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 17th 2016, 05:21 AM

Seether are a good band that I like to listen to.

Guns and Roses and Slash are other artists that I listen to.

I'm a fan of rock and hard rock music so you can always message me for more artists.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Could that be more any?

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 17th 2016, 11:39 PM

Since I liked quite a few of the artists you mentioned, I figured I'd throw in a few suggestions:

Tonight Alive - female-fronted, if you like things like Icon For Hire and Paramore there's a good chance you'll like this one too. Bonus points because they're Australian.

Fit For Rivals - kind of along the same lines. They don't have as much stuff out there, but I think they are working on new content at the moment.

Crown the Empire - their most recent album is my favourite, but I do quite like their older stuff. I was lucky enough to see them in concert last year, which was awesome. I think they're technically classified as post-hardcore, but most of the music is catchy and some of the choruses in particular can be kind of "poppy".

Famous Last Words - another post-hardcore one, but I would highly recommend them. Their first album is absolutely fantastic, and I'd also recommend the short film they made to go with it (a note of warning, though: said film is kind of violent and could be considered triggering). If you're going to listen to their latest two albums, listen to them from start to finish - they're both concept albums and as such are much more powerful if you listen to them in order.

Hopefully you find something you like somewhere in there. Happy listening!

just because it hurts to go on
doesn't mean the battle can't still be won
;

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Rock/Hard Rock/Metal - April 24th 2016, 10:04 PM

I really recommend the band PVRIS, its female fronted and they are kind of a pop punk band. Also with the band Goodnight Tonight.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread