TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - June 26th 2012, 09:51 PM

So, there's this singer I like that has helped me trough a LOT. And I want to start saving up for VIP tickets in anticipation that she will announce a US tour, so that way I can buy them before they sell out.
Here's the thing- any shows she does near me would likely be in the city, and I am way too young to go to the city by myself. Which means that one of my parents would have to go to the VIP with me. The thing is, apparently only 30-40 people get to go to the VIP (which includes meeting her) and I'd feel bad knowing that someone else could've gone had I not needed to have a parent with me. My dad likes her so I may take him, but he's not nearly as big of a fan of her as I am. So would it be wrong of me to buy VIP tickets, then?
Thanks!

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - June 26th 2012, 10:11 PM

It's very nice that you are considering others' feelings and desire to see this singer. And that alone in my opinion, leads me to believe that you deserve to meet her, and seeing as you would have to bring a parent, I still think you should, if you really want to, and you seem to. People already know that you are not always guaranteed to get VIP and you are planning ahead, so like I said, I think you should get the two VIP, one for you and one for your parent, if and when you can.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - June 26th 2012, 10:36 PM

I would go for it, if your dad is a fan as well you can take him with you and have a fun night together. Chances to meet bands don't come round often, I've meet a few band members but only cause they were in small bands, playing small venues and came out afterwards, if they're playing a big venue in the big city then you should definitely take the chance.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - June 26th 2012, 10:38 PM

Thanks guys Quick question, just curious- why is this thread highlighted in green? I never saw that before. I kind of feel special :P

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - June 27th 2012, 08:42 AM

Haha I wish I could answer your latest question Sarah, but to be entirely honest, I am not sure why and I'm not sure any others no either since no one has responded, sorry!

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - June 27th 2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7 View Post
Thanks guys Quick question, just curious- why is this thread highlighted in green? I never saw that before. I kind of feel special :P
I don't see any highlights, so maybe it was a glitch?

But I agree with the others, go for it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Should I get VIP tickets considering the circumstances? - July 5th 2012, 08:37 AM

Threads get highlighted in green for you when you've posted in them, so that's why it looked green to Sarah, but didn't to Barbara, who hadn't posted at the point she looked at it.

Anyway, in response to your question, I'd say go for it. It's an experience that you want to try for, it might not come round again so it's worth trying. I really hope you do get the tickets.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread