TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

How bad of an idea is this? - July 23rd 2013, 01:13 AM

Okay so I've been thinking about creating a youtube channel for a while. I wanna make videos relating to mental health. So I'd be talking about stuff like mental disorders, advice for family & friends, anger management, self esteem, assertiveness, coping strategies etc. Do you think people would actually watch/subscribe to that kind of thing? Be honest. Running a youtube channel is a lot of work and if people aren't even going to watch my videos it would be a colossal waste of time and energy. So whaddaya think?

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: How bad of an idea is this? - July 23rd 2013, 01:48 AM

If you can keep it up and running I think that there would be an audience for it, especially if you add in your own experiences, etc., to make it more personal. I know if you ran it I'd subscribe. Maybe you can even take suggestions from viewers as to what they want to see, like if they want a certain topic covered you can make a video or two on it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How bad of an idea is this? - July 23rd 2013, 01:58 AM

I agree with Dez. If you make it personal more people will like it. I would definitely check out your videos, I think it all sounds interesting.

If you had people spread the word around I'm sure you would have tons of views.

When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: How bad of an idea is this? - July 23rd 2013, 03:59 PM

I agree with the above, but I have to warn you that there will be MAJOR criticism because Youtube can become an open forum for anonymous bullies to say whatever they want and some people don't believe mental health problems exist or they are completely ignorant and instead of learning they will use it as an opportunity to jump on you.

I think it's a good idea, but be prepared that not everyone will.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Re: How bad of an idea is this? - July 23rd 2013, 06:51 PM

I agree with them above, it is a lot of work, but there would be plenty of people that could watch you because they relate. There tends to be too many of those people who like to leave hate comments just because- they have nothing better to do.

If you think you can deal with that, I think you should definitely go for it. You will have to share with us so we can watch too! ^^

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired

(#6 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: How bad of an idea is this? - July 24th 2013, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll go ahead with it but I'm starting university this year so I'll wait until I feel more comfortable with uni life before I start. Plus that gives me more time to brainstorm ideas and stuff! When I get started I'll have somewhere where people can ask questions or give suggestions for what they want to see. I think I can handle the hate so long as there are people who are benefiting from watching my videos. If it can help someone then it's worth it. So yeah, when I get started I'll let you guys know.

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

Closed Thread