TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 02:41 AM

I was wondering if anyone watched the episode tonight? And your thoughts on it?

I personally thought it was the saddest one hour 13 minutes ever!

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 02:43 AM

I watch it and it is absolutely breaking my heart to see them going through this!! I always envisioned them as the perfect happy family and it is so sad to see that they might not be able to work things out. I'm crossing my fingers

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 02:48 AM

I also watched and I hate to see that this is tearing them apart. It is so stupid. I do realize that it is deeper than the stuff with the cameras and the partying. However, if they don't stay together I don't see how things could work. Splitting up the kids just seems so horrible. However, having all 8 by yourself all day long sounds horrible. Not to mention with Kate traveling, it would be hard for Jon to have a separate home. I hope they stay together as a family and I'm interested to see how this plays out.

The paparazzi were crazy!

--A

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 02:56 AM

The bad thing is, is that when the kids grown up, if there is a divorce, they are going to blame themselves for the break up happening. It is sad because when the show first started everyone was happy. Now I see Jon in the beginning of the episode and he looked like crap. It's sad.

"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 04:35 AM

I love that show!
Can someone tell me what happened today I missed it.. please.!

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jessica

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 08:30 AM

I think that a divorce is much better than remaining in a tense relationship that the kids will no doubt eventually notice. I'd never advocate remaining in a marriage solely for your children. Eventually being in a relationship you don't want will get to you, and if it gets to you, it will eventually affect your kids. I guess it goes both ways - if they break up, the kids might blame themselves for the divorce, but if they stay together and are miserable, the kids might eventually start thinking "wow, mom and dad are remaining in a miserable marriage because of us."

Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Angilea. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 01:58 PM

They should end the show
for the sake of the kids.
The show is just not the same.

There is only one person who could ever
make you happy, and that person is you.

Send a message via MSN to Angilea.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 02:45 PM

I hope they stay together.... I LOVE this show

The kids are just.... so cute.

I am so mad a Jon.....

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 02:49 PM

From reading articles over the Internet and the newspapers, it's caught my attention. I never really liked the show, and I do think they should end it. To me, the show is the main cause of tension that lead to possible infidelities on both of their parts - and it's not in the best interest of the family to have ongoing media speculation about their lives. End it, and fix the family. I would think it would be easier without people watching the show and the media having their opinions it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 03:41 PM

I've been watching the show ever since it started and last night was absolutely heartbreaking to me. I really wish that Jon never messed things up. I wish they were still a family. Seeing them sit on different couches and then seeing Kate cry, ugh... It was awful. The show needs to be stopped. They shouldn't have even continued this season. And in my opinion, I believe they could fix it if the show was no longer on. That's the biggest problem Jon's having right now. He doesn't like the media and having people follow him and the family around.

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 04:27 PM

I think the both of them are to blame. It's obvious that they need to stop the show and focus on what really matters. The money won't mean much for all the problems they're creating now.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 04:35 PM

I agree. My friend gave me an article to read and all it said was that in the show everything is planned out. Like the producers tell Kate and Jon everything they have to say and what happens in the shows are all planned out ahead of time. I know you shouldn't believe everything people say. I just feel bad for that whole family and do think that they should just cancel it.

"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 26th 2009, 04:48 PM

My little cousin loves that show. I feel sorry for Jon, having to put up with Kate. I hope they don't get divorced for the kids sake. Remember how Kate thought it was a great idea for them to get re-married in front of the kids, to prove to them they will always love each other? What a smart move. Even I saw back then the handwriting on the wall.

Just by watching the episodes I can tell Jon is the better parent. In that episode last night, Kate actually pushed one of the kids telling them to go get dressed, while when Jon was with them he was all cuddlely and playful. And, when you watch the shows it's always like that.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Losing_Control Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 27th 2009, 12:34 AM

I've watched the show since the beginning, but I'm very torn about it since last night's episode. Both parents are to blame, in my opinion, and I feel so sorry for those kids.

Whether Jon cheated on Kate, I don't think we'll ever know for sure, but I almost felt as if that isn't really Jon's issue. Personally, I think all of the fame and fortune went to Kate's head. With Kate constantly being out of the house, it almost seems as if her book tours are more important than her family. I'm sorry, but if your kids accidently called you by the babysitter's name...I think that's an indicator that you should be home more often.

Honestly, as much as I love the show...I think they need to stop it. If they truly wanted what was best for their children, they would stop the show to work on their marriage. I got the impression last night that neither of them intend to work on the marriage, it seems as if they both care about the kids, but neither one of them mentioned anything about still caring for each other.

"I'm falling even more in love with you
letting go of all I've held onto"
- Lifehouse

(#15 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 27th 2009, 12:42 AM

Honestly, TLC should pull the plug on this show, especially since it is quite clear that it is causing a major strain in their family.

Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan

(#16 (permalink)) Old
emilyisamazing! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 27th 2009, 12:59 AM

I hated it! I want them to just be together. Fuck the damn media. Sure things would be rocky w/o it, but the interference just worsened the problems soooo much. :[

The 8 Irresistible Principles of Fun

1. Stop Hiding Who You Really Are
2. Start Being Intensely Selfish
3. Stop Following The Rules
4. Start Scaring Yourself
5. Stop Taking It All So Damn Seriously
6. Start Getting Rid Of The Crap
7. Stop Being Busy
8. Start Something

(#17 (permalink)) Old
The lightgreenness. :D
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 27th 2009, 01:13 AM

I also watched the show last night. It hurts me to know that Jon and Kate are just falling apart. As much as I love the show, it needs to be off the air. Everything about the episode last night was just so heartbreaking and out of place. It doesn't seem like an episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8, you know? When your five year old says to you, "Daddy, I don't want you to leave anymore," isn't that a sign that you really have some issues to work out?

I love this show and this family..but all good things must come to an end at some point.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 27th 2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzi View Post
I also watched the show last night. It hurts me to know that Jon and Kate are just falling apart. As much as I love the show, it needs to be off the air. Everything about the episode last night was just so heartbreaking and out of place. It doesn't seem like an episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8, you know? When your five year old says to you, "Daddy, I don't want you to leave anymore," isn't that a sign that you really have some issues to work out?

I love this show and this family..but all good things must come to an end at some point.

Omg, yeah, when that Daddy statement was made, it tore me apart. I felt so bad for the kids. Look at the birthday party, and the poperotzie were across the water taking pics. This has just gotten out of control. Like I said before, the show needs to end. However, even if it ended, I don't think the media would stop. It seems like they're gonna be in the limelight for a while.

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Losing_Control Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 27th 2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoLLiFer View Post
Like I said before, the show needs to end. However, even if it ended, I don't think the media would stop. It seems like they're gonna be in the limelight for a while.
I agree with you completely. The show does need to end for the sake of the family. You're probably right - they would still be in the limelight, but without the show hopefully it will decrease.

"I'm falling even more in love with you
letting go of all I've held onto"
- Lifehouse

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 28th 2009, 10:47 PM

I watched it, it was sooo sad. I love those little kids their adorable!

I hope they work things out.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
BlurrySunset Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meg

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 29th 2009, 12:45 AM

The Gosselins actually live in my town, believe it or not. I've never seen Jon, but I have seen Kate and the kids out and about a few times. It's quite obvious that she deals with the fame better and even enjoys it to an extent.

I love the show, but when I see those kids, I feel so sad that they're growing up with a camera shoved in their face all the time. When they're old enough - maybe now even for Mady and Cara - kids at school are going to talk about Jon, and the affair. They're going to be in their 20's, watching an old episode and realize that millions of people witnessed them getting potty-trained, and they're going to resent their parents for it. The show was great when they were all happy, but now it's tense and I just see tons of problems stemming from it in the future. They've had a good run, and I think they should end it now. I do think they can save their marriage and their family if they lay low from all the media for a while.

I lost myself in the space between heaven and hell.
...where do we go from here?

R.I.P. Sarah; 1991-2009
Kacy; 1992-2009
I'll never forget.

Two months clean and sober.
Seven months since last cut.
Still struggling and surviving.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Hear my whispers in the dark..
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 29th 2009, 02:43 AM

I am so sad about all of this. I watch shows like that to escape all the drama around me, not to just witness someone else's. I'm so torn because I love the show, but if it's tearing their family apart, then it just goes back on everything they've claimed to stand for. It'd be nice if Jon could step it up a notch and be more outgoing, and if Kate could step down a notch and be less outgoing. And all the name calling really bums me out. I could never be the kind of parent that trashes my spouse, and then tries to teach my kids that that behavior is wrong. Kids learn by example, and if Jon and Kate keep it up, they're not only ruining their relationship with each other, but also affecting all future relationships their children will have.
I really do love the show though. I actually have pets named Hannah, Mady, Leah, and Lexie (short for Alexis). Yeahh, I'm a dork. :P

Life isn't about worrying,
That's a waste of time.
And life isn't about being perfect,
It will never happen.
Life is about finding yourself,
And finding people who accept that person.

My PM box is always open!
  Send a message via AIM to thegirlnextdoor89 Send a message via Yahoo to thegirlnextdoor89  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 29th 2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurrySunset View Post
The Gosselins actually live in my town, believe it or not. I've never seen Jon, but I have seen Kate and the kids out and about a few times. It's quite obvious that she deals with the fame better and even enjoys it to an extent.

Im gonna sound like a major nerd saying this but oh well...that is so cool lol. See I did. You could like be their babysitter wow im a nerd ok done with that part sorry.

I agree with you though. The show should prolly be ended even though lots of ppl love it . Jon said that they started the show to document the kids lives. Im sure they never thought it would come to what it has. And yes the kids my resent their parents for it but they could think of it as a privilage that they were chosen and got to be on tv and have millons of ppl love them. I would never want that for myself but just saying.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 29th 2009, 05:20 PM

I honestly think that it needs to end immediately. Jon and Kate are essentially whoring out their family for the money. Honestly, it's their own business if they want to ruin their marriage and take on all of this stress, but they have all their kids to think about, and considering that they agreed to do this show at all, let alone keep doing it says to me that their kids aren't even a part of the equation, unless of course the equation is kids+childhood trauma = $$$. By putting them through this ordeal, they aren't being good parents at all, IMO.

~Cody

Normal User

(#25 (permalink)) Old
KnightSniper Offline
Supreme Geek
Average Joe

Name: Josh

Re: Jon and Kate Plus 8 - May 29th 2009, 05:39 PM

Since I'm a Childhood Education major, I've always enjoyed the show because the kids are simply adorable and remind me of some of the wonderful preschool-aged kids I've worked with. But honestly, I'm not sure I can watch the show any more with all the stuff flying around about cheating, parenting issues, and divorce. My stepmother has a subscription to Us magazine, and lately most, if not all, of the cover stories have involved the Gosselins, and it all just seems so insane to me. I mean, it's always been clear that Jon and Kate have had relationship issues, but it's a shame to see it break down to such a level.

"Remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus."-Kevin Smith, opening of "Dogma"

Closed Thread