TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Firefox - March 5th 2018, 10:41 PM

My Firefox will not open up. I click on it and it shows the mouse thinking but then it doesn't open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have delete my history and cookies and it still doesn't work. Other webpages work but I do everything on Firefox and have all my stories I'm in the middle of reading saved. Is there anything else I can do. Also I dropped my computer the other day on the hard wood floor could that have something to do with this.?

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Firefox - March 5th 2018, 11:21 PM

If you've already uninstalled and reinstalled it, I'm not sure if this trick will actually work, but I figured it might be worth a try.

Open up the task manager on your computer (if you have Windows, right-click on the bar at the bottom of your screen where your Internet icon would usually appear if you were using it), click on Firefox, and click "end task". It's possible that Firefox is running in the background and that something there is stopping it from opening up fully. If you don't see Firefox listed, try opening the browser up as normal and doing that while it's trying to open.

This is something that's worked for me in the past when Firefox is being glitchy, so hopefully it works for you too! If it does, I'd definitely recommend checking for any updates on Firefox, just in case there's something there that needs to be taken care of in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Firefox - March 6th 2018, 12:48 AM

Thanks Sammi. It didn't work and it says that the program isn't compatible. So I am going to set up an appointment for best buy where I got my computer to see if they can help

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works. So I might have not done that like I thought. So this can be closed.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Last edited by _Headphones_; March 6th 2018 at 02:01 AM.

Closed Thread