TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 11th 2009, 03:55 AM

Which do you find more entertaining? Personally Star wars has always been my favorite because of Dark Vader.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 11th 2009, 05:32 AM

Star Trek because of Chris Pine [James Kirk]

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 11th 2009, 10:12 PM

I'm not much of a fan of either but if I had to pick: Star Wars because of Jar Jar Binx

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 11th 2009, 10:50 PM

I love them both, but I'll always be a Trekkie at heart. I think it's a better sci-fi, in that I find the pseudo-science is simply much cooler, and even though the stories are a little less epic than Star Wars, I find them more meaningful. The characters have more development, and there's more focus on character growth and interaction than there is in Star Wars.

And one thing really, really bugs me about Star Wars: the Jedi code. Emotions are not evil, goddammit!

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 11th 2009, 11:03 PM

I'll have to say I'm half and half on this one. I think that Star Trek has a better and more long-lasting story, but Star Wars was always a big thing for me when I was a kid (our neighbours always took us to the movies right when they came out).

I think that it's hard to decide partially because they really are not closely related. It isn't just one or the other.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
sturmeskind Offline
formally known as "Okta"
Average Joe

Name: Lisa

Re: Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 12th 2009, 05:11 PM

Two hearts beating in my chest... Er... way too much drama (and I'm no timelord), sorry.
I adore the older Star Wars movies. I always have. Darth Vader is simply one of the best villains in film history and despite the fact that Luke is horribly annoying, the story has something unique and captivating about it. The newer ones annoyed me.

Star Trek was one of the most important things in my early teens. I was, of course, a bit late for the hype.... but I was thirteen and I had no friends. You get the picture.
I love the gentle humor in the original Star Trek (it's a pitty that they lost it along the way), the optimism and the self depreciating irony. I love Mr Spock, who is definitely one of the coolest characters... ever. I've always adored him. Mr Spock is cooler than Oscar Wilde. You don't get much cooler than Oscar Wilde in my opinion.
I also always loved the detail put into everything in the Star Trek universe, that there're hardly ever any holes in the logic (as far as it can be applied).
Gosh, I loved TNG and Voyager,too, but that would take it too far now.

The new movie is.... fantastic. I thought it'd be impossible, but they managed to put everything I loved about the original into a movie with admittedly gorgeous actors and special effects.

I guess, what I love most about Star Trek is, that there's always going to be another story to be told.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
formerly a samurai
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paul

Re: Star Trek Vs Star Wars - June 15th 2009, 02:05 AM

I love this argument, I like both and to be honest they aren't the same genre of sci-fi so depending on moods i'll like one more than the other. Now to do some explaining:

Quote:
And one thing really, really bugs me about Star Wars: the Jedi code. Emotions are not evil, goddammit!
It's the jedi, they didn't mean it to be taken at face value, you have to look into what they mean by it, its a philosophical reasoning behind it.

Quote:
I'm not much of a fan of either but if I had to pick: Star Wars because of Jar Jar Binks
ah Jar Jar, being the comedy relief character in a movie that didn't need one.

I haven't seen the new star trek movie so i cannot comment on it, but to be honest, if its the original series against star wars, star wars would win, but as soon as picard, sisko and janeway are introduced i'd prefer star trek.
Only thing i don't like about it is the bureaucracy there seems to be in the federation and of course the technobabble.

Love and honour form the basis of all strength.

Chivalry Isn't Dead

Send a message via MSN to the-nirish-ninja Send a message via Skype™ to the-nirish-ninja 
Closed Thread