TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   16 and Pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t18254-16-pregnant/)

Lizzie June 26th 2009 02:38 AM

16 and Pregnant

Who else likes the show 16 and Pregnant? I think it is really great of MTV to do. They show the non-glamour side to being pregnant at that age and they show the difficulties that the teens face. I think it is really important for young girls to see what happens when a teen gets pregnant, and the difficulties they face. I hope that this show will encourage more couples to use protection, and to use it correctly. And hopefully (but I know it most likely wont happen) teens will think twice before becoming sexually active. For those who have seen it, what do you think?
You can watch the first episodes here: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/16_and_p...t/series.jhtml

Pelios June 26th 2009 02:49 AM

Re: 16 and Pregnant

It's not in Mexico still, but it sounds like a good show maybe it will make teens think twice before doing things.

esfdhtfy June 26th 2009 02:58 AM

I've seen the show. I've also seen "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" which also revolves around a fifteen year old girl who has recently had a baby. It touches upon other teen issues, as well, which is pretty good. I think that these types of shows are very effective when it comes to sending a message like this out to teenagers.

Pour the Teapot June 26th 2009 03:40 AM

i tried to watch it twice today but all they had on were memorial things for michael jackson instead of the shows that were scheduled to play. kind of mad about that.;)

Minerva McGonagall June 26th 2009 04:41 AM

I really like this show. Hopefully, it'll reach out to teens about being pregnant and such.

Elizabeth June 26th 2009 03:07 PM

I saw one episode of it. I honestly don't care for it much because while it shows the real side of teen pregnancy, the girls have a hard enough time without being followed around by cameras. I don't think it is fair to the baby because the new parents were adding in drama.

Em... June 26th 2009 05:12 PM

I haven't seen it, but I've seen the secret life. I think it's important that they are doing this. I like how they are showing the consequences of teen pregnancy and all the difficult choices they have to do through.

Its sex ed reality tv almost.

Hollifire June 29th 2009 07:23 AM

I like it. :]
I also love, "Secret Life of the American Teenager."

lvpeyton July 1st 2009 02:11 AM

love that show :smile

.Brittany. July 1st 2009 02:44 AM

Hmm I have never heard of it, I'm definately gunna have to check it out one day!

LucyLouWho July 1st 2009 02:45 AM

I'm not too crazy about it. But then again, I haven't even watched a complete episode of it. I watched a little bit of one and just wasn't into it.

I guess it's kind of depressing. I'm in a pretty good situation, but have ups and downs too. I watch tv for entertainment... Not to be reminded of the difficulties.

So I guess my not watching the show has something to do with the fact that I'm pregnant myself and trying to overcome obstacles. It's just not something that makes me happy to watch, I guess. I don't know.

udontno July 1st 2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanTiger7 (Post 172697)
i tried to watch it twice today but all they had on were memorial things for michael jackson instead of the shows that were scheduled to play. kind of mad about that.;)

That ticked me off so much. Rawrr. :mad:

I have seen one episode and I liked it.

ridiculousness July 9th 2009 04:38 AM

It's a nice show. I think it'll help teens realize that having a baby isn't this great thing at their age. But it ends up irritating me, over here, all these teenage pregnancy things are coming out, really like daily. Its almost like they're glorifying it, and I don't think that'll do anything but ENCOURAGE it.
Maybe that's just me.