TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sturmeskind Offline
formally known as "Okta"
Average Joe

Name: Lisa

Torchwood - CoE - July 23rd 2009, 09:31 AM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So... Torchwood's season 3 has been aired. What do you think about the 5-part-thingy? Did you like/dislike it? Why? Did you like the series in general?
Feel free to ramble, rave or praise. I will add my personal opinion later...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Torchwood - CoE - July 23rd 2009, 10:24 AM

I was waiting for this to be finished in America before I posted because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone but I LOVED it!!!

I loved the 5 part thing because I hate waiting a week for the next show and I didn't have time to forget what happened.

I did think it was good, it was quite cheesy at parts but it is Torchwood!

I also have to admit I did cry. I cannot believe Ianto is dead. Why not Gwen??? It made me so angry because Owen and Tosh are dead and no one is left.
I also got angry at the ending when Jack just left...I can see why because he had lost Ianto but still like Gwen said "You can't just run away"
I was also quite annoyed that Jack killed his own Grandson, I can see why because he had to save the world and it was 1 child versus millions.

As you can tell I love Torchwood and Captain Jack/John Barrowman. I actually saw him perform live

Apparently they are doing another series but I have no idea how it would work. I have heard that they will go back in time to when Torchwood was around during the war.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Torchwood - CoE - July 23rd 2009, 02:33 PM

I really liked that it was a five part thing, a day after each other. Because it's annoying to wait a week for the next episode, as I'd usually forget that it was on or what happened in the last episode.

Me and my friend were devastated that Ianto had died, and the amount of Facebook groups for that is outrageous. But I think the script and storyline was amazing, and it was all very fast paced, and the way the episodes were aired emphasised that more.

It just makes me wonder what the next series would be like though. Because the only main characters that are left are Gwen and her boyfriend Rhys. Cap'n Jacks off in space somewhere, Ianto's died, and Tosh and Owen had died in the previous series. And I think that if there is a complete new cast in the next series, the show might not be the same.

Also, I might add. I live in Cardiff. So all the shooting locations are right up the road from me It's all really cool. And my brother saw John Barrowman in Tesco's where he worked, and apparently he was hilarious

Tjx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
sturmeskind Offline
formally known as "Okta"
Average Joe

Name: Lisa

Re: Torchwood - CoE - July 24th 2009, 07:15 AM

Haha...
Ok, now it's my turn.
Living in Germany, I've had to watch the it more or less illegally on the internet. We're in the mid of season 2 here.... but I so couldn't wait till they got the bloody synchro done (and it's much better in English anyway, because of those cool accents)... er, yes.
While I liked that 5-part-thingy, mostly because there was this huuuuge story and not just a little one, I thought it was over awfully quick.

I absolutely loved the story (as usual, totally new, slightly cheesy and disturbing at the same time... and wonderfully detailed... that guy writing that stuff is amazing...).

I'm sad though. They're killing off all the good characters. I hate it when they kill off people. I've also always had a soft spot for Ianto.... and, I'm afraid, I've turned into a 'shipper kind of (*oh no!!!* :-O). They should have had a more or less happy end, don't you think? Why is there never a happy end in sci-fi? :-/
Er... yes.

I don't know if I would like to see a new cast - frankly, it wouldn't be the same and I'm kind of attached to the old team... New casts usually don't work too well, either... look at what happened to X-Files. And frankly, the whole show is basically about Jack. Without his presence it won't work. At least I wouldn't want to watch it...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Torchwood - CoE - July 24th 2009, 11:05 AM

I thought it was great. I was really sad that Ianto died. But I was sadder still that Frobisher, or whatever that civil servant's name was, had to kill his family - that was pretty harsh.

I can't say I mind that they killed Tosh and Owen off in the last season as they always annoyed me. Especially Owen.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Torchwood - CoE - July 24th 2009, 12:22 PM

Firstly I LOVE John Barrowman in general, pity he's gay, but he is an AMAZING actor!!

I loved the 5 part series ... only gripes being Ianto dying - kill off the relationship just as it's starting up properly?!, Jack sacrificing his Grandson - WHY?, and most definately him leaving at the end - COME BACK JACK!!

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

Closed Thread