TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicola

Resident Evil - March 30th 2009, 10:50 PM

I love these games

Does anyone else here play them? what do you think of the games? and the films? favourite characters? characters you can't stand? favourite bosses/monsters? what do you think of the storyline in general?

I can't wait to play Resident Evil 5 on xbox 360! I've playdthe original, a bit of zero and resi 4, I haven't played the other. I've seen all the films but I must say I preferred Resident evil:degeneration to the live-capture films. My favourite haracter has to be Leon S.Kennedy, he's amazing, I want to meet him. I also like Ada, but I can't stand Ashley, her voice!
As for monsters, I prefer the boss-types and unique monsters to your average zombie and crimson head. I think the iron maidens are scary and a bit of a challenge, and Lisa Trevor, wow she really scares me.
I love the storyline, it all fascinates me!

---
- I'm not strong enough to stay away -
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
- So hard to choose between the pleasure and the pain -
---
  Send a message via MSN to Barbed Lungs  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Resident Evil - March 30th 2009, 10:52 PM

I've finished Resi 5.

It's good but not that good. I was slightly disapointed after what a huge step forward Resi 4 was. Though I think I prefer Chris to Leon. Zombies on Motorbikes? I mean wtf?

But yeah, I do love the franchise, but the earlier games are more my style. They need to focus more on horror and less on action I think, like the earlier games.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Resident Evil - March 30th 2009, 11:21 PM

The game is ok.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Resident Evil - March 30th 2009, 11:25 PM

I've only really liked re4 because of the game controls. Finally they had an aim that was more usable. The story lines have always attracted me though. Hopefully I get to play Re5 within the week.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Redeemer Offline
Patchwork Kitten
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hayley

Re: Resident Evil - March 30th 2009, 11:49 PM

RE is one of the best game series I've ever played. 'Nuff said. :P

You can't hold it too tight
These matters of security
You don't have to be wound so tight
Smoking on the balcony
But it's that sleaze in a park
You women you have no self-control,
The angels remark outside
You were known for insatiable means
I don't know a thing
  Send a message via MSN to Redeemer  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 12:13 AM

I played 4 a little, I heard the co-op in 5 is great.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Care-o-Bear Offline
I <3 him! :)
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 12:55 AM

Haha, I'm not a video game person. But I know my boyfriend reeeeeeally wants Resident Evil 5. I don't know much about it but apparently it's going to be sooooooooooo awesome. Haha, this is just what i've heard from Tyler

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 03:10 AM

I've played quite a few of them and would have to say RE4 was the coolest. Re5 didn't provide me with the same amount of terror that RE4 did when I first played it lol although it is more visually impressive. I'd agree that Leon is cooler than Chris; gotta find me that sweet jacket.

Lol did anyone see the special featues on Degeneration?
"Seriously... my fee is way too good!"

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 06:19 AM

RE4 was more atmospheric, but I like RE5 a little better. Better story, no terrible one-liners ("Your right hand comes off? "), and its paced much better. Its not too short, but its not too long. RE4 was too long.

RE5 should have been much better than it was though. 4 years of waiting and all I got was RE4.1? But still, its a good game on its own.

I hope they go back to the drawing table for the next game, because this just isn't cutting it anymore. It needs more of a survival horror feel to it. I want to be as scared as I was when that dog came at me out of nowhere in RE2

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 12:31 PM

I've only played RE2 before, and I have heard many great things about RE4.

I told myself I would buy RE5, when it came out, but I put my money into Street Fighter instead

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I've finished Resi 5.

It's good but not that good. I was slightly disapointed after what a huge step forward Resi 4 was. Though I think I prefer Chris to Leon. Zombies on Motorbikes? I mean wtf?

But yeah, I do love the franchise, but the earlier games are more my style. They need to focus more on horror and less on action I think, like the earlier games.
You've finished it? how long did it take for you to play through the whole thing?

Seriously, zombies on motorbikes? Resi 4 was a massive step, I loved the gameplay style. I agree with the horror/action I can remember playing the first one in the Arklay research facility and being terrified when dogs jumped through the window and all that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
I've only really liked re4 because of the game controls. Finally they had an aim that was more usable. The story lines have always attracted me though. Hopefully I get to play Re5 within the week.
I liked the easier to use controls too, if the controls aren't difficult you can concentrate on the game more I'm hoping to get resi 5 this weekend, I've played the demo and the controls are good

---
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
---
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 04:20 PM

I just hate the fact you start out with a knife and no gun how do you kill a zombie with No gun?

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Name: Will

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 04:25 PM

I think capcom have killed the series, once the zombies had been ditched i lost interest in the series.

Im more of a silent hill fan
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbed Lungs View Post
You've finished it? how long did it take for you to play through the whole thing?

Seriously, zombies on motorbikes? Resi 4 was a massive step, I loved the gameplay style. I agree with the horror/action I can remember playing the first one in the Arklay research facility and being terrified when dogs jumped through the window and all that
About 2.5-3 days to finish the game. And an extra 6 hours to finish Mercenaries and unlock everything with a friend.

Yeah, zombie on motorbikes. I can't say that's a good step forward. I miss the old style zombies, Las Plagas just doesn't appeal to me in the same way.

Yeah those dogs really scared me on the first one. Plus the crap controls made it even more frantic and scary because you knew that they'd probably kill you because the buttons were so stupid.

This is why the zombie killing level on Call of Duty 4 is so awesome.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
...Curt Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Curt

Re: Resident Evil - March 31st 2009, 04:46 PM

I loved the Outbreak series... so many fun times playing with others online. Too bad they shut the servers down

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - April 1st 2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
I just hate the fact you start out with a knife and no gun how do you kill a zombie with No gun?
Get really close and knife them whilst trying to avoid getting bitten. I admit it's pretty hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkiller7 View Post
Im more of a silent hill fan

I like Silent hill, just not as much as resident evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
About 2.5-3 days to finish the game. And an extra 6 hours to finish Mercenaries and unlock everything with a friend.

Yeah, zombie on motorbikes. I can't say that's a good step forward. I miss the old style zombies, Las Plagas just doesn't appeal to me in the same way.

Yeah those dogs really scared me on the first one. Plus the crap controls made it even more frantic and scary because you knew that they'd probably kill you because the buttons were so stupid.

This is why the zombie killing level on Call of Duty 4 is so awesome.
So it's not too long a game then?

Zombies on motorbikes sounds too unrealistic to me, what happened to the good ol' mindless type? I heard the Uroboros virus is introduced in 5, does it differ any to Las Plagas?

I can remember first playing it and having no clue that they were going to jump out, I almost threw the controller into the air those controls were not easy to use. And the indestructible Lisa Trevor, I still have nightmare occasionally

Call Of Duty zombies for the win! I hate it when they get too close to the windows. I want the new map you can purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Curt View Post
I loved the Outbreak series... so many fun times playing with others online. Too bad they shut the servers down
I never played the outbreak series, how do they fare compared to the main series? Why did they shut the servers down?

---
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
---
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Resident Evil - April 1st 2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbed Lungs View Post
So it's not too long a game then?
It is quite long but easy if you're careful with ammo. The only difficultly was the lack of ammo on the harder difficulties. When I played it through a second time on co-op with a friend (the co-op is awesome btw) it just took a day to finish.

Quote:
Zombies on motorbikes sounds too unrealistic to me, what happened to the good ol' mindless type? I heard the Uroboros virus is introduced in 5, does it differ any to Las Plagas?
Basically it's exactly the same as Las Plagas but the zombies can jump really really high and do more complicated things....yeah original. Still a good game but no massive steps forward apart from the whole game having basically cut scene good graphics.

Quote:
I can remember first playing it and having no clue that they were going to jump out, I almost threw the controller into the air those controls were not easy to use. And the indestructible Lisa Trevor, I still have nightmare occasionally
He me neither, which made it so awesome. The wholoe Lisa Trevor thing actually added some awesome back-story which the newer ones don't seem to have. "Be a good girl and stay dead this time" as evil as Wesker is he is still so awesome. That's why Code Veronica X was the last scary Resident Evil they actually made.

Quote:
Call Of Duty zombies for the win! I hate it when they get too close to the windows. I want the new map you can purchase
Do you know if you can get new maps for the xbox version of COD?

Last edited by Jack; April 1st 2009 at 04:10 PM.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
R.K. Offline
Sweet Lord of the Rings!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - April 1st 2009, 04:35 PM

I love RS games. Played 1,2,3, Biohazard, Survivor;

Fave character - Leon I guess. In Biohazard that president's daughter pissed me off soooooo much... "Leon!".... "Leon" ... *saves* *after a min gets kidnapped again* "Leon!"
I sware I would have ditched her long ago... I think I tried shooting her a few times though... I don't remember whether it worked or not...

I wanna play the new game & also Code Veronica.

Oh! Has anyone seen the new RS Degeneration Animated Movie?

Send a message via Skype™ to R.K. 
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Resident Evil - April 1st 2009, 05:02 PM

I've only played 4 and I found it really hard, probably because I'm not a strong gamer.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Deep Brown Eyes Offline
Hic Sunt Dracones
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - April 1st 2009, 05:06 PM

Okay. I'm still playing Resi 5, but I am absolutely loving it. I'm only playing co-op with a mate though, which is awesome.

Technically, they're not zombies, and the motorbike scene was awesome. The graphic detail when one comes off his bike and onto the metal spike...epic.

The one thing I don't get is why do you not play as Alice? In the movies the main character is Alice, and according to a friend who has played the others, none of the games have Alice.

And I haven't watched Degeneration, but said mate has and says is pretty good.

EDGE, you get a gun before you come across any zombies. At the very beginning of the game, you meet up with this guy who gives you a gun. Then you go into another few buildings before you come across your first infected.

Sheva Alomar is hot though. Especially in the cut scene outside the butchers, where all you see is her eyes.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - April 2nd 2009, 02:15 AM

Some things I found useful for RE5:
When you upgrade the power of your pistols, what ever they may be, to the max, go back to the first level where you're constantly attacked by the thugs and run around doing head shots. You'll usually kill with one hit and can grab the ammo they leave behind and can keep repeating to get as much pistol ammo as you want. And if you kill the axe dude you also get a fair bit of money. The best way I found was with a magnum but don't reload when you defeat him, then go and upgrade the capacity to get a full magazine (important since magnum ammo is almost impossible to come by). Actually just never reload your magnum and upgrade the capacity instead.

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Resident Evil - April 2nd 2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
The one thing I don't get is why do you not play as Alice? In the movies the main character is Alice, and according to a friend who has played the others, none of the games have Alice.
The movies are not related AT ALL with the game...The only similarities is Umbrella...Nemesis (which they butchered in RE2 movie)...Raccoon City...And they use only a couple of the same characters from the games, but they are not like their video-game counter parts at all. Thats it. You can thank the director for completely deviating from the game's storyline...

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Doyce(D.J.)

Re: Resident Evil - April 5th 2009, 06:22 PM

i love res.

my friend got res 5 and we played it for 8 straight hours one night and beat it in one sitting.
res. 4 and 5 are two of the best games ever made IMO

a strong man stands up for himself
a stronger man stands up for others
  Send a message via AIM to Disturbedrox2011  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Kiefaber Offline
The Bass Player
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Benjamin

Re: Resident Evil - April 5th 2009, 07:44 PM

Never played them before but after playing the demo for Resi 5 at a mates I wathed all three of the films and got hooked on the franchise, now hes got the full game and we're playing through it in co-op, he jumps easily and needs the moral support lol Its not as scary as he makes out

I can imagine the the single player might be a bit weak as the co-op is soo good and I dont know how it would work if you weren't able to give direct instructions to sheava

Love it!

I used to be indecisive... but now I'm not so sure

(#25 (permalink)) Old
CoffeeAddict Offline
legen..wait for it..DARY
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Resident Evil - April 6th 2009, 01:27 PM

I love the RE games, I even did a critical analysis of RE1 for uni and got 94/100 woot! I loved RE4 I thought the whole dynamic and graphics were amazing, but I haven't actually played RE5 yet. I used to watch my dad play RE2 and RE3 when I was younger, I think that's why I'm so obsessed with RE.

How good was the chick that played Jill Valentine in the second movie?! She was awesome, she even had the same kind of walk Jill has in the game! But I hate it how Leon didn't make it into the movie, he's awesome.

Who do you carry that torch for, my young man?
Do you believe in anything?
Or do you carry it around just to burn things down?

Meet me tonight on the turnpike my darling,
where we believe in everything.
If we sweat all these debts then we're sure to drown,
so let's strap ourselves up to this engine now
with our God who we found laying under the back seat.

Closed Thread