TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 05:41 AM

You guys know what I'm saying when I say overrated? I'm talking about things that people made a big friggen deal about that you just were like...eh...yeah...? You know? Like a book, a movie, a meme, anything.

Mine was Inception. That movie was just eh for me, yet people thought it was the king of movies. It was overrated. It was OKAY, but people freaking out about how awesome the movie was ruined the movie for me because I had ridiculously high expectations!

What about you guys?

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 06:55 AM

Most pop culture to me is pretty mundane and meaningless. ZOMG THE KARDASHIANS ARE ON!

I would also agree with Inception. The recent trend of people liking dubstep is kind of annoying too.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 01:01 PM

People will most likely hate me for this but.. Harry Potter. I've got the books, although I never read them and I saw the first few movies but I just can't see what the big deal about them is, I don't really like them so that could explain it but yeah, I'm not a fan and I don't really buy into the hype.

I dislike Lady Gaga as well and her attempts to just be so out there, there is a line and she's so far past it she can't even see it anymore. She's taking being weird to a whole new level and it isn't a good one. I read somewhere, it might have been on here? About a woman who killed a cat so she could wear it to a Lady Gaga concert, that wouldn't have happened if she didn't wear her suit of meat. It's just silly and her music is getting worse by the single.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 03:21 PM

Justin Bieber. Enough said.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LostTeen011 Offline
Blah :P
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noelle

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur Trainer View Post
Most pop culture to me is pretty mundane and meaningless.

I would also agree with Inception. The recent trend of people liking dubstep is kind of annoying too.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton View Post
I dislike Lady Gaga as well and her attempts to just be so out there, there is a line and she's so far past it she can't even see it anymore. She's taking being weird to a whole new level and it isn't a good one. I read somewhere, it might have been on here? About a woman who killed a cat so she could wear it to a Lady Gaga concert, that wouldn't have happened if she didn't wear her suit of meat. It's just silly and her music is getting worse by the single.
Agree x2, also while we're talking about weirdness I would like to add Nicki Minaj to that too. I mean, do you really have to dress like that??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely Yours View Post
Agree x3!

I also feel the Twilight series to be EXTREMELY overrated! I couldn't even make it fifteen minutes past the first movie. Every was so dark, gray and gloomy, and then every was so pale looking like they had an autoimmune disease or something. (yes I know they were vampires, but still) The only reason I watched the recent Twilight movie was to see Bella get her ass eaten by her demon baby.....that didn't exactly happen like I had hoped.

Pure Imagination

"Music is the universal language that connects the world as one" -LostTeen011

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 07:36 PM

Iron Maiden. I catch hell for this in the metal community, but I just can't get into them. They're cheesy as hell and not worth any of the worship that they get.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 2nd 2012, 08:44 PM

I'm going to make the list as short as I can:

1) Kardashians. I don't see what the hype is all about. They haven't done anything other than shake their arses and slut up whatever area they go to.

2) Twilight. One of the worst movies I've saw and I cannot understand how people like any of it because it was all around horrid, nothing positive. Acting was shit, somehow Bella had paler skin than a sparkling corpse named Edward, all characters seem bored and are fruit cakes.

3) Lady Gaga. The only reason I can see why she gets attention is because she's like the freak attraction at the carnival, something weird and odd people look at then move on. For some reason, people don't move on, they like her and while her singing isn't terrible, it would be much better if you didn't have to watch a lady prancing around wearing fuck knows what that doesn't relate to the song in any way.

4) Bands that bitch and moan or glorify self-harm and suicide. If people want to listen to this music, fine by me but I fail to understand why someone would want to go to a concert, listen to a song where the singer bitches about life and contemplates suicide, making the fans (who share the same feelings) happy. To me, hearing someone whine about their life in a song is fine as long as there is variety but with certain bands there is no variety. Some artists and bands have made songs where they whine about how hard their life is as a, "star" because of all the attention they get but writing a song of that isn't going to help. Some other artists and bands whine about life in general, how hard it can be for a regular person and while this is true in an economical sense, some take a more social view. I wonder if those bands get their lyrics from the Facebook and Tumblr posts where someone bitches about their parents, friends or school life. On the other side of the spectrum are songs of making world peace, an idea I like and don't object to the singers only sing, "world peace, end bullying, end this, end that and you're great!" It's sugar-coated so much you'd get a cavity from just listening once.

5) The King's Speech. The acting and plot were quite good, I liked it, however, at the very end, when the king steps up, his speech is much shorter than you'd expect. It felt incomplete and unfortunately, for me it killed the movie.

6) Survivor. The idea behind the reality show is interesting, I like it but when I watch the show, it seems so unrealistic. The camera crew and host obviously are eating and drinking plenty, I doubt they're foraging for a fish using a spear. On the other hand, the contestants supposedly have limited food and water. Additionally, the camera is so nicely focused on the contestant with a nice calm background, something you'd see in a photo shoot.

7) Other shitty reality shows. There are quite a few of them, if you can think of a shitty one, I'd probably agree. Take for example singing or dancing talent shows. It can be amusing to see someone humiliate themselves or perform amazingly well. Those performances are far and few between, usually they're average, nothing amazing to write home about and not so shitty to the point you'd want to throw the TV remote. I also don't care for the shrieking and squealing from the audience but I'll live with that. I cannot stand such behaviour from the judges, especially when the shriek right into the microphone. It's fine if the judges are moved by the performance but at least give a coherent reply that provides enough feedback so the performer can improve. There are judges who do this but not many.

8) Harry Potter. The first 1-2 movies and books were good, I don't have anything negative to say about them, however, the later ones absolutely stunk. I had to check to make sure it actually was a Harry Potter movie I was watching and not some garbage. For example, the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (haven't seen Part 2 and don't intend to) was among the worst movie I've seen. It took so damn long for anything to happen in the movie, it seemed as though the writers just added in random shit to kill time. Much of it was a poorly executed rip-off of Lord of the Rings in which the ring alters the behaviour of Gollum, Frodo and Bilbo Bagins and Samwise Gamgee to become more negative and hostile. Unfortunately, in the Harry Potter movie, the characters just became mopy and whined. I don't see how many people could have liked such a movie because it doesn't represent the earlier Harry Potter movies.

9) Justin Bieber. When I first heard one of his songs, I thought it was a girl singing and when I saw his photo for the first time, I thought it was a young 13 or 14 year old girl. His voice isn't terrible, rather it's the content of his songs as filled with long-lasting love but they are shitty rip-offs of talented artists, such as Usher. Perhaps the hype is because of his looks, which in truth don't offer much to look it, a feminine-looking skinny white male with shaggy hair. I can go to any nearby mall and see at least 20 kids who fit that description so I have to wonder, if there is something about his looks, I cannot figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Iron Maiden. I catch hell for this in the metal community, but I just can't get into them. They're cheesy as hell and not worth any of the worship that they get.
What about Priest?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Last edited by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!; March 2nd 2012 at 08:51 PM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 3rd 2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely Yours View Post
Agreed.

I also find Jersey Shore overrated...

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 3rd 2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
What about Priest?
Better than Maiden. I tend not to like operatic male vocals, so Priest aren't exactly my favourite band, but they're pretty good.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
LostTeen011 Offline
Blah :P
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noelle

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 3rd 2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
2) Twilight. One of the worst movies I've saw and I cannot understand how people like any of it because it was all around horrid, nothing positive. Acting was shit, somehow Bella had paler skin than a sparkling corpse named Edward, all characters seem bored and are fruit cakes.
LOL! You saying that reminded me of this picture I saw on tumblr.

Pure Imagination

"Music is the universal language that connects the world as one" -LostTeen011

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 3rd 2012, 03:13 PM

It's unsurprisingly been said, but fucking Twilight. It doesn't deserve the level of hype it gets, both positive AND negative. I saw the film and thought it really was terrible ~ but when I say terrible I mean it deserved to just be forgotten and not do well. Terrible acting, characters with not an inch of charisma in them and silly storylines. But people should have just watched it, accepted its crapness and let it sink into oblivion.
I read the book to see if maybe, like Harry Potter, the films were an unfair representation, but that was ridiculous as well.

The whole thing is just painfully uninteresting and I don't understand. :/

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 3rd 2012, 08:53 PM

Glee. I was going to start watching but now all I hear is "OMG GLEE IS ON" so, nah, not gonna watch.

All those reality shows like 16 and Pregnant, the Kardsashians, Real Housewives, and Jersey Shore.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Henry Tyrell Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 3rd 2012, 10:55 PM

Twlight, The Hunger Games, and Katy Perry.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 6th 2012, 01:32 PM

Dubstep. Twilight. Jersey Shore.

Quote:
5) The King's Speech. The acting and plot were quite good, I liked it, however, at the very end, when the king steps up, his speech is much shorter than you'd expect. It felt incomplete and unfortunately, for me it killed the movie.
I'm pretty sure that was the speech King George really made, though. Not much the movie-makers could have done. I get what you're saying, though.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#15 (permalink)) Old
The.adorable.1 Offline
I'm cool...i think
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Scratch

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 6th 2012, 01:40 PM

Being the same as everyone else is over-rated

It takes more courage to suffer than to die.

I'm here for you, no madder what happens. PM/email me anytime: onlymclarsfan@gmail.com

WE DECIDED MY BEST INTEREST, how can you know, how can you say what MY BEST INTEREST is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? Well, I went to your schools, I went to your Churches, I went to your institutional learning facility, so how can you say that I'M crazy? (Suicidal Tendencies)

<3 <3 <3

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 6th 2012, 02:48 PM

Wearing chinos, dubstep, The Only Way is Essex, Celebrity Juice, Jersey Shore.

ITV2.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 6th 2012, 04:46 PM

Dubstep. The Kardashians. Jersey Shore. Glee. Dr Who. The "alternative" bands (i.e, All Time Low, FTSK) and that whole scene.

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 6th 2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosana View Post
The Hunger Games
HUH?? Please explain lol

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Henry Tyrell Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 7th 2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post

HUH?? Please explain lol
I'm on Goodreads (specifically a YA group) and I swear it's all they talk about. And yeah, HG is pretty good. But it's also formulaic, full of issues, has a stupid love triangle, and suffers from terrible world building. And it the hype just gets worse as the sequels and the movies come out.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 7th 2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosana View Post
I'm on Goodreads (specifically a YA group) and I swear it's all they talk about. And yeah, HG is pretty good. But it's also formulaic, full of issues, has a stupid love triangle, and suffers from terrible world building. And it the hype just gets worse as the sequels and the movies come out.
I think people read into books too much (no pun intended, haha). Books are meant for people to enjoy, not dissect. That's for language arts teachers and editors

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Henry Tyrell Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 7th 2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post

I think people read into books too much (no pun intended, haha). Books are meant for people to enjoy, not dissect. That's for language arts teachers and editors
In any case, it's overrated to me.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 8th 2012, 12:28 PM

I pretty much agree with all of the above . Hunger games and Harry Potter I am a huge fan of but I can still admit it is overrated lol.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
The.adorable.1 Offline
I'm cool...i think
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Scratch

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 8th 2012, 01:33 PM

Lady Gaga and everything about her

Pop music

It takes more courage to suffer than to die.

I'm here for you, no madder what happens. PM/email me anytime: onlymclarsfan@gmail.com

WE DECIDED MY BEST INTEREST, how can you know, how can you say what MY BEST INTEREST is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? Well, I went to your schools, I went to your Churches, I went to your institutional learning facility, so how can you say that I'M crazy? (Suicidal Tendencies)

<3 <3 <3

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 11th 2012, 06:46 PM

Twilight. It's badly written, the characters are about as interesting as a piece of paper, the messages it gives to teenagers are just awful (it's okay to risk your life for a boy you "love" and have known for five minutes) and I find it boring. The majority of the hardcore Twilight fans annoy me too.

Lady GaGa. I do like her music but she is over-rated as hell. She tries wayyyyyy too hard to be "quirky"

The Only Way is Essex (which is kind of like the UK version of The Hills) It's just a bunch of sluts being really stupid. I also find it quite boring :|

Beyoncé. People will hate me for this I like her old songs but most of her new ones are cack. If any other artist brought these songs out people would hate them, but since it's Beyoncé it has to be good. To be fair, at least she can actually sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U

just imagine this wasn't Beyoncé, it would be slaughtered. She also looks like she's having a seizure in most of her new music videos.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Last edited by Make Believe; March 11th 2012 at 07:27 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 11th 2012, 06:56 PM

ED SHEERAN.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 11th 2012, 08:04 PM

Oh, Minecraft! It's bloody tedious

I don't know if it counts though as it's a game.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Smartass. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 11th 2012, 09:39 PM

Lil Wayne.
BOTDF.
Miley Cyrus/Britney/Lindsay
Death by overdose... really, come on, celebrities. Let's be more creative.
Agree with above on Lady Gag, Hunger Games, and JB.
WWE Wrestling... ugh.
Jersey Shore.
"That's what she said" jokes... so 2005.
And finally...

Madonna. You're like old enough to be my grandmother. Put some clothes on.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 11th 2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartass. View Post
Death by overdose... really, come on, celebrities. Let's be more creative..
Jesus Christ.

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Dervisher Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 19th 2012, 02:22 AM

Pretty much anything the general community does with something that is new-ish.
dubstep? Yep.
Most new movies/series? Yep.
New music? Yep.
New bands? Yep.

Within a couple of years it'll reach its peak of popularity and suddenly the large group of people change focus to something else.
Then the true fans are still there, and the popularity is much less overrated.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 19th 2012, 02:30 AM

Glee, Twilight, Justn Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Adele.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#31 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 19th 2012, 12:04 PM

1) Justin Bieber: what exactly has he done for the world? Released two hit songs (which can hardly be considered 'hits'), a Pro-Active commercial and an episode of CSI?

2) Twilight: I've read the first and second books, and at the time, couldn't distinguish Stephenie Meyer's writing from a ten-year-old girl (or Lauren Conrad's writing). Her writing was pathetic, and everything was warm and bubbly; it just made me want to puke at times (also, she had this technique of randomly putting 'for' instead of 'because', which didn't exactly suit her pre-pubescent writing style). The first movie was just as bad (I didn't see any of the others in fear of having to be ushered out for swearing in a kid's movie), if not worse; the acting was deplorable, the plot was on-par with the book (therefore, shit) and the characters hadn't developed further than Neanderthals.

3) Harry Potter. I actually liked the movies, but the books didn't spark any interest in me at all.

4) Kardashians.

5) Pimp My Ride.

6) 16 and Pregnant.

7) Adele.

8) Dubstep/trance/anything that involves a DJ, unless it's a bar.

9) Clubs. Seriously, loud music, sweaty, drunk, violent people, no windows, no air conditioner, a tiny smoking lounge that somehow fits 150 people in it (and again, with minimal windows, thus making you want to die), incredibly unattractive women, guys with singlets that show their nipples, proving that they've obviously used too much creatine, and a cost of $20 entry and $7 a beer? Come on.

10) Kony2012 campaign.

11) Madonna, Delta Goodrem, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Nicole Kidman, Adele, One Direction, Ed Sheeran. Because I said so.

12) Skrillex. Combination of 8, 9 and 11.

13) McDonald's, KFC and Hungry Jack's (Burger King).

The list could go on...

Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 19th 2012, 11:31 PM

I don't have very many, to be honest. Because if I don't like something, I just say "meh, to each his own," move on, and then forget about it momentarily. Here's a few off the top of my head though. Can't think of any more.

1) Reality shows. Not just any though, there are some out there where there's some pretty talented people and it's actually quite amazing what they come up with (top chef, and the fashion one are pretty crazy). I mean the shows which require no talent like The Bachelor and Jersey Shore and such. These annoy me to hell. People become millionaires/famous for literally NO reason whatsoever. Makes my blood boil.

2) Hunger Games. The first book kinda deserves it's praise. It was a pretty solid book and had good ideas. Too bad the author completely screwed it up for the 2nd and 3rd. It had so much potential. It's a shame, really.

3) As a gamer, I find Halo, Call of Duty, and Mass Effect very overrated. However, I can't really tell if I'm growing out of games, if shooters are declining in quality, or if shooters just aren't my thing anymore (the last ones I remember really enjoying were Half Life 2 and Bioshock).

4) Family Guy. It has it's moments, but now it's seriously just becoming stupid.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 20th 2012, 06:12 PM

The stupid Kardashians.
Twilight.
Lady Gaga.
Kony. (Yes, I understand Kony is a douche, but that stupid viral video and all the money going to invisible children that doesn't even really go to them? Yeah. Stupid.)
The game.
Justin Beiber.
Glee.

I can go on for quite some time here.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 20th 2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
8) Harry Potter. The first 1-2 movies and books were good, I don't have anything negative to say about them, however, the later ones absolutely stunk. I had to check to make sure it actually was a Harry Potter movie I was watching and not some garbage. For example, the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (haven't seen Part 2 and don't intend to) was among the worst movie I've seen. It took so damn long for anything to happen in the movie, it seemed as though the writers just added in random shit to kill time. Much of it was a poorly executed rip-off of Lord of the Rings in which the ring alters the behaviour of Gollum, Frodo and Bilbo Bagins and Samwise Gamgee to become more negative and hostile. Unfortunately, in the Harry Potter movie, the characters just became mopy and whined. I don't see how many people could have liked such a movie because it doesn't represent the earlier Harry Potter movies.
For the most part I agree with you there, and yes part one of Deathly Hallows wasn't good, but the final movie was pretty good. They (for the most part) kept to the book, but I didn't like how they decided to end it because it was way different from the book's version. They also cut out some scenes that I feel were necessary, but it was still better than I thought it was going to be compared to some of the other movies. I suppose they wanted to go out with a bang.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#35 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 20th 2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECCALICIOUS! View Post
Dr Who.

Part of me just died....

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 20th 2012, 11:11 PM

The HATRED for Justin Bieber. It's like really? We all know he isn't talented, but the jokes about him aren't even all that funy anymore. xD

Droids: They're shit. Nothing special about them.

Transformers.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 24th 2012, 03:47 AM

Apple products

Arrow to the knee

Justin Bieber

Most pop music

World of Warcraft

~Cody

Normal User

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 25th 2012, 02:46 AM

The things that i think are overrated have been already said, but i'll put them any ways
1) Twilight- the movies got too much hype and its gotten annoying
2) Reality shows- I don't care what drama is going on, leave them to themselves
3) Justin Beiber- too much hype
4) Glee- Just awful
This list could keep going..

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 25th 2012, 04:25 AM

Rihanna. She got so bad so fast. The same thing happened with Katy Perry, now that I'm thinking about it.
Skins. Seriously. The only tolerable character was Cassie, and the other generations were complete shit as well.
Most memes. They. Aren't. Funny. Stop that.
Adele. Yes, she is a fantastic singer, no, she doesn't seem to have anything to write about besides her relationship issues.
Most metal music. I've listened to all kinds (even pirate metal, thanks to Janos ) and I just cannot get into it.
Glee. Holy fuck that show is annoying.
Thinspo/cutspo. It pisses me off, and it's dangerous to boot.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Who/what is overrated to you? - March 25th 2012, 08:58 PM

Matching socks is overrated. These people that say "everything has to match" NO.
Pretty-boy "oh em gee a speck of dust flew past my shoe"
FUCKING DUBSTEP, ARROW TO THE KNEE. No.
To whoever said alternative music is overrated, a part of me just died. I live for alternative music. (not literally, but you get my point )
The misconception that certain bands glorify self harm or suicide. My Chemical Romance is not a fucking cult.

Closed Thread