TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Angry Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 06:49 AM

Hey guys,
While I was on my laptop, a message came up on the screen claiming to be from some sort of police department saying that I'm banned from using my computer until seven days and I have to pay a $100 fine. I know that it's been caused by a Trojan or something like that because other people have mentioned this scam before. Does anyone know of steps I can take to get rid of this virus? I have McAfee but since my computer has frozen I don't know how to access it to delete the virus. I am freaking out about his because I don't want my parents to find out, even though I know I probably didn't do anything wrong to cause this. Also, will this issue get worse and harder to fix the longer I leave it?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

I could dwell on my problems... But I'd rather make a milkshake...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 07:18 AM

I'm not sure that anybody on this site would have the knowledge of what you should do to fix this issue since viruses on a computer (just like in real life) are super hard to get rid of. So my advice to you would be for you to take your computer to maybe BestBuy or some other computer company and have them take a look at it. Geeksquad can do miracles Goodluck!

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

(#3 (permalink)) Old
kiddoo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kiddoo

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 07:23 AM

can you come a bit more briefly about this problem?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wickgaga Offline
Average Joe

Name: Malorey

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 07:29 AM

On my old laptop I used to get Malware & Trojan like crazy. I downloaded: AVG. After not being able to even use my laptop because of a virus, AVG cleared it right up. I will forever use AVG as so far it's been the only program that has actually worked for me. I'd give it a try.

"They can't scare me, if I scare them first."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 12:53 PM

I'm not sure if what I had on my PC once was a trojan but it pooped up saying it was an anti-virus programme and started trying to 'scan' my PC for infections. Couldn't open or close anything except folders so I had to find and manually delete it was it was a programme that sneakily installed on my PC and couldn't be found through the Add/Remove Programmes section and trying to just delete it wouldn't work.

The programme that installed on my PC was called "Anti-Vrisu 2013" so I used my PC's search and searched for it, found it and right-clicked on the programme, went to Properties and clicked the button that said Open File Location. After that I found it, renamed it to something else like "Stupid" and pressed delete. Emptied my recycle bin and it was gone.

Don't know if any of that helped at all but it's worth a go.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 07:02 PM

I had something similar happen to my computer a couple of months ago. I don't exactly remember what I did to make it go away.

Now, since your profile said you live in Australia, I have find a website that may help out with your problem. http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-54-4116-0.html

Please let me know if the link will help you out.

Now, when I had the same issue you had, I remember shutting down my computer and rebooting it in safe mode with networking. There's also safe mode with command prompt option that you could do, but that requires more computer knowledge and skills.

So, when you restart your computer, if you have a Dell laptop, you are going to have to select F8 (Safe Mode with Networking). Now, you would login as you would normally do and as soon as you get to the desktop, click [Win]+R to bring up the Run command prompt. Look at the image below for more of a clarification:

I'm sure you know what the Windows button looks like. After the Run command prompt comes up, you will want to type in msconfig and then you will want to disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data. Then, you should restart your computer. Then you should run a anti-virus program, if you have any. I would recommend either Microsoft Security Essentials or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Those two, for me, work pretty well.

HOWEVER, there are many types of these types of viruses/Trojans that can disable all safe modes, but give a small space so that you could be able to run anti-malware programs. If you have to do this, then you will reboot normally, bring up the Run command prompt, enter this into the Run command prompt: http://trojan-killer.net/download.php. If the malware is loaded, then just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter. For the rest of the instructions, please go to this website for a better understanding: http://trojan-killer.net/australian-...move-afp-scam/

I hope this helps you out some.

Member Since 1/15/2012

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 11:00 PM

Wow guys! Thank you so much for all your helpful replies!
I will try out some of these and let you know how it all works out

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 11:11 PM

Tazz, it's ransomware, boot your computer in safe mode and download Malwarebytes on it!

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 8th 2013, 11:36 PM

Unfortunately safe mode isn't working
I think I'll just have to let my dad handle it...

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 9th 2013, 10:14 PM

Yay! Thanks guys Problem's solved!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Trojan? Help! - June 10th 2013, 01:42 AM

Since the problem seems to have been solved, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

PM me if you want this thread to be opened again.

Member Since 1/15/2012

Closed Thread