TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology, Gamers and Gadgets This forum is for discussions about your games, technology, the latest apps or cool gadgets

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

iPhone 4s and Apple Chat - December 22nd 2013, 09:56 AM

So I am getting an error when trying to load my iPhone 4s. It first gave it to me yesterday but after waiting a few hours at work, it charged itself and turned on. The first line of the error is findflashmediaandkeepout 601. I can't get the full error anymore since I was stupid and decided to do what the tech support staff at Apple told me to do. They have it locked up in requiring a software restore through itunes but while restoring the device, the error appears while in the process of restore.

Also, to add to the amusing bit o this, the apple chat support can't even tell me what the error is in reference to. They gave me a lame excuse of some apps try to use flash. Um, iphones don't use flash? Also, given that the error is during boot I'd lean towards it's flash media and not flash programming or the other reason I've read online involves either a fried board or an issue with the front camera sensor becoming damaged through the way they packed it in there.

If I didn't have the icare plan, I would crack it open and take a look at the front camera set up. I'll take it in and just get the replacement. Apparently I'm eligible for an upgrade next July so the replacement phone has to last a few months. It sucks I have to drive an hour away to an iphone store.

My advice for anyone who has an iphone? Don't use the online chat support. They will just want you to restore your iphone even if they have no friggin clue what the error message means. Normally they want the entire error message to attempt to troubleshoot the error. Not Apple! Oh, and they will search the message boards to try and fix your issue because that's the most reliable method. I'd call them and ask for help online but my phone is dead.

Oh, she also searched the boards as a way to fix the itunes error of trying to restore the item (because you know, it HAS to be software and not a design flaw). Her method involved creating a new account on Windows to fix the itunes error which is related to communicating to the iphone (I actually searched the error code on the apple site versus the message board like she did). It is more likely the error code is related to the phone being unable to load something and so it is stopping at that point creating an issue with communicating with the computer.

Anyway, my thoughts are that it is either a bad battery or the camera issue that other people have had. It does remind me the time I had an issue with a bad blackberry battery, but I could saw out the battery and I had zero issues with the other batteries. Not so with the iphone!

I'm thinking I am going to get a Samsung phone next time I am due for an upgrade.
Closed Thread