TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 10th 2015, 11:43 AM

I updated my Mac book pro to the latest update which Apple sent down about 3 weeks ago. I noticed a massive delay in boot time since I updated it I plan to investigate in to this a little further to find answers. I was curious is anyone else noticing this or is it just mine because the boot time is a lot slower. I understand boot times getting slower as they put new things on the devices but not to much of a noticeable difference. My machine takes 5 to 7 seconds longer on boot time now.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Take care ~Justin~

Note I don't know what the update was called it was just the latest Yosemite update.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 10th 2015, 01:22 PM

I haven't updated mine in awhile but the last time i did It got a lot slower and viruses started downloading on it. For this reason I don't update it as much with the fear it will download viruses and become greatly slower then it already has become

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 17th 2015, 02:04 PM

That is why I never do updates on either Windows or Mac, because it slows the computer down (it basically depreciates it, really) and viruses could potentially get installed without you knowing.

I keep getting notifications to install Yosemite on my Macbook, but I am not doing that. I am perfectly fine with OS X 10.8.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 18th 2015, 12:32 AM

Ugh, I did this and it doesn't boot at all. I now have to start up my Mac in safe mode every time, still have no idea how to fix it. They were super unhelpful at the apple shop as well. (I know this response was super unhelpful but I just thought I'd let you know I share your frustration!

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 18th 2015, 10:54 PM

I suggest not doing updates on either operating system from now on.

The last updates I did on Windows really messed the computer up. After weeks of trying to figure out what was wrong with it, the computer shop declared it irreparable this past week.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 18th 2015, 11:55 PM

I personally have updated my Mac and have had no problems. It runs smoothly and I haven't noticed any lags in boot up time either.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Has anyone else updated their Mac to the latest Yosemite update? - May 19th 2015, 01:29 PM

Hi everyone.

I sorted the problem the solution was to do a NVRAM reset on my Mac it fixed the solution so I am going to go a head and close this thread now

Thanks for your answers.

Closed Thread