TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 9th 2015, 09:06 PM

Hello!

I hope you're having a groovy day.

I know nothing. There. I said it. About iPods anyway. [I know all there is to know about everything else though!! haha ]

I want to make videos of ME [for the most part] and post those videos to YouTube. I'm thinking iPod-something. But I don't know. Would it be easy to do? Or would something else be better? Any ideas would be helpful. And please be specific. [i.e. the exact model you would recommend. Whether or not I would need a separate microphone, or headphones, a carrying case or whatever] Also - I can't afford to spend more than about $250 U.S. or so.

Thank you!
Craig!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 9th 2015, 09:37 PM

You would need an iPod Touch, an iPad or an iPhone. As far as which size too get it depends on how much you plan on putting on it. I just have an 8GB iPod Touch and iPhone, both work great for me.

Can't stop now, I've traveled so far. - Foreigner

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. - Garth Brooks

Assoc Live Help Mentor from 11/23/2014-1/17/2015, 8/8/2015-

Live Help Mentor from 1/17/2015-8/8/2015

SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 10th 2015, 04:02 AM

Thanks Michael -

Would anyone else like to respond!?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 10th 2015, 07:24 AM

I'm pretty sure the only way to get an ipod 4 is over ebay or something like that. It isn't as good as the 5. The camera quality is better on 5 so if you were wanting to put things on youtube the 5 would be best. BUT... They are more expensive than the 4 which is probably the only one you would be able to get for under $250. You could always look at online shopping sites and see if anyone sells them for under normal price, maybe second hand or something. Second hand ones are still the same just cheaper. This probably doesn't help but oh well. I commented anyway haha

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 10th 2015, 08:23 AM

Are you looking for the mobility aspect? I mean do you want to be able to record something say at the park or the store? Or do you want to be recording only in your house? Because if you're not planning on recording in different areas, you could always use a webcam for your computer (laptops have them built in and you can get them to attach onto your desktop computer for a decent price.)

You could also use your phone if you have a smart phone that has a front facing camera. Also, you can look to see about a refurbished or second hand iPad as well.

If you do decide on getting an iPod, then the iPod five does have a better camera which do cost more. The Apple website sells refurbished ones but right now there is only iPod fours that are available.

Best Buy, Staples or Walmart may have sales as well.

You're from the same province as me so I linked some of the webpages. I'd check out Kijiji or Craigslist. URL="http://shop.simply.ca/pages/clearance"]Simply Computing[/url] is worth checking out as well. They have refurbished apple products and are pretty fairly priced.

Good luck.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 12th 2015, 08:00 PM

Thanks Little Miss and Nefelibata.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 13th 2015, 12:07 AM

Hey,

I am moving this to technology & gaming since you're asking what specific piece of technology you should buy.

That being said, as far as iPods go, the most recent ones are normally pretty expensive, maybe over $200. I have the 4th generation iPod Touch and camera and video quality aren't honestly that great on it.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Never owned an Ipod before. What one should I get? - August 13th 2015, 08:04 PM

Hiya Craig,

As others have said if you want to buy an iPod to film videos on then you should buy an iPod Touch, if you get an older generation then it will be cheaper and more in your price range. However, if you are just buying an iPod for filming videos to upload them to user then I think that a video camera or a camera that has the option to film might be better suited for the job, because it will be a better quality video. Although you'll have to download your pictures from the SD card to your computer and upload the video to YouTube from your computer, I still think that it may be easier for you as it will also give you the option of editing the videos if you would like to.

I hope that this helps, let me know if you would like any further information on it.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

Closed Thread