TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

My HR at work - September 10th 2015, 01:39 AM

My HR at work is the biggest bunch of fucking cro-magnons to ever walk this planet. They mess up at their jobs constantly and treat us like shit as a result. They are completely incompetent. They fuck with our schedules and accuse the workers of stealing on a regular basis even though its painfully obvious they're losing the money themselves. They also gave me a no call no show when I was badly sick despite the fact that we initially had that problem solved. The person who helped me forgot to write it down. They also are accusing me of stealing the entirety of the money I earned while working cash register- 278 dollars.Whats weird is that all these people used to be accused of the same thing when they worked our jobs, and complained the same way we do, but they haven't learned a fucking thing. I've been wearing Ice Cube's "fuck you scowl" for the last two hours because I'm so freakin tired of them.
I have to go in and have a meeting with these idiots. Should I be aggressive and call them out on the fact that they don't know how to do their own jobs? I REALLY want to, but I know already that sounds like trouble. Besides, I went in looking like I was ready to kill someone the last time they fabricated a shift for me that I wasn't supposed to go to (they tried to write me up for being late, too, but they called it off knowing they should tread lightly). How should I deal with these people?
I'm a level one worker at a campus convenience store.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,948, Level: 26 Points: 33,948, Level: 26 Points: 33,948, Level: 26

Re: My HR at work - September 10th 2015, 02:05 AM

As professionally as possible. If you want references from this employer and/or to keep your job, you keep your emotions out of it. Unless you have evidence to back up the things you're saying you don't have a leg to stand on and even with evidence you may not be heard. It sucks, but that's how the real world works sometimes.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11

Re: My HR at work - September 22nd 2015, 01:51 AM

The human rights side of me is thinking that you should go in there and tell them what you just told us.

HOWEVER, the reality is that you're a level one worker and as such it would be pretty easy for you to be fired if you start causing trouble. Particularly if you become offensive.

I suggest that if you hate the job that much, you start looking for another one. A job in a convenience store is not worth getting stressed over.

References are always something that you'll need in the working world. As such, it might be a good idea to leave this job sooner rather than later, so that you have more of a chance of obtaining a decent reference for your next position.

~ Jasmine

Be kind to yourself.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: My HR at work - September 24th 2015, 12:06 AM

Actually, it just turns out they're incredibly incompetent. Who knew.
Closed Thread