TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 15th 2015, 06:46 AM

first off i had a xbox xbox360 xbox one pc ps4 ps3 ps2 ds 3ds 3ds xl a game cube a n64 psp a ps vita some off the things i still have but i play mostly on pc the master race i want to talk about whats your favourite console and my favourite ones

pc

-no more f**king little kids
- best graphics
- play games that are not even out
-can do more than just gameing

xbox

-little kids
- easy to use hacks and mods;
- halo halo halo halo

-ps4 call of duty content earlyer
-and some same stuff like xbox

nintendo

-family time
- fighting your friends
- cute graphics
- gameing on the go

i was a nintendo lover first than a playstation and than xbox and now pc

whats your fav

remember xbox gt killerrboyy2000

steam id killerrboyy2000

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 15th 2015, 10:56 AM

I've played most of these game systems, not the newer ones.

PC:
I love the Sim games on a PC, my goal is to buy a laptop and install and use it only for Sims (I know a bit out there, it's a dream)
I never really enjoyed PC games other than the Sims

Xbox 360:
I've played this, wasn't my favorite

PS, PS2, PS3:
I have a PS3, it's good, like how I can connect Netlfix and watch it from my TV rather than on my laptop. I also like how there is a online store and it keeps track of all your achievements. More to do on it.

Nintendo; Super Nintendo, Game Cube, 3DS:
I love all the game cause most of them are adventure and collecting items, amazing colours and whatnot. Now, graphics are looking better.
I love Donkey Kong, Animals Crossing, Pokemon, Fantasy Life, etc., these are all really amazing.

Overall I enjoyed the Nintendo more because of the adventure and story line (and pretty colours)

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 15th 2015, 01:23 PM

a family member of me plays sims all the time and she haves all the sims

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 15th 2015, 02:59 PM

I play PC the most (mostly because I don't have many of the consoles only a Wii and Gamecube).

I custom built my PC to specifically play games (although this was 3 years ago now so I need to update some things) so it would be a waste if I didn't use it for this

I like my Wii too though because I like the dancing games and a Wii wasn't as expensive as an Xbox. I'll maybe switch over to the Xbox for these games in the future just because the Kinect seems a lot better for dancing than using the Wii remote.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 16th 2015, 10:02 AM

I mainly play the sims on my computer and asphalt 8 on my laptop. Occasionally play world of Warcraft. I like computers, and love the graphics of games.

I've never had the pleasure of having an x-box

PlayStations are probably my next favourite (after PC). I loved the GTA series!

I also really like the Nintendo Wii for the Just Dance series, though I was never good at it. I also liked the Wii fit too I loved my old Nintendo DS, but never had one of the newer ones. I mainly played Nintendogs haha I also have a Game Boy advance and loved that too. I wish I played more Pokémon when I was younger!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 16th 2015, 01:30 PM

Geek time!
Playstation- had some great games, like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tony Hawk Proskater, Guitar Hero*, the Bond games, Final Fantasy, Sly Cooper, various other games I can't think of. Heartily dislike the way Playstation has gone with the internet though.
PC- definitely had some great games, especially strategy games- Age of Mythology, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer. Those three are all I would need.
Xbox- can't stand these stupid things or their games. I hate Halo and CoD and the like that are mainly on xbox with a burning passion because while they might have good campaigns most of the time, their goal is to get people addicted to online gaming, which I despise, and people never leave their couches. Then they buy into the DLC scam. American games are meant to provide fun, then addiction, then a sequel thats "improved". They are literally the same thing much of the time. See all sports games. Another thing I dislike is the amount of blood, violence, and sex in Xbox and Playstation. Sex and blood sells like crazy. More money. Despite that... I do like GTA every once in a while. And I like the Fable games, but they're too easy.
Nintendo- Video game magic. The best games, easily- creative and extremely fun, and you can find something for everyone. Mario, Pokemon, the old Mario Parties, Mariokart, Super Smash Bros, Sonic**, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid, Pokemon Stadium, FIRE EMBLEM (underrated, a must-play, also my avatar), Donkey Kong, Kirby, Earthbound (good luck getting that unpirated. this game is trippy like an acid trip. never had one, but its a compliment), Starfox, the Yoshi games, ZELDA, Bayonetta(for those with bloodlust and regular lust) Chronotrigger... there are just so many awesome, unique games spread over all their systems its hard to count. But nothing with Wario in it. Fuck Wario. Anyway, the great thing about Nintendo is that they have incredible multiplayer games that can be played on the couch with actual person to person contact. And while the one player games are extremely fun, they aren't meant to consume your life and money. And as of yet, I've never seen Nintendo make a sequel to any game that was the exact same as the prequel, except for maybe Pokemon. And even Pokemon finds a way to keep it interesting.
Its a shame the Wii U isn't doing well, but I get why it didn't sell well. It sounds like Wii with an added gimmick. I have one, and its pretty fun, but my time goes to my 3ds, which is incredible.
Internet+gaming should never mix unless its on the PC.
*guitar hero was on all systems
**Sonic was acquired by Nintendo, originally on sega

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 16th 2015, 03:52 PM

forgot something i have a gameboy 2

(#8 (permalink)) Old
undeleted1 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: No one

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 16th 2015, 10:42 PM

I used to be really into games, but have slowed down a lot in the last several years. I've owned a SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1-3, Gamecube, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I've also played a lot of games on PC, mostly because of mods. The newer games and consoles are way too expensive for me so I stick to Steam sales or emulators. All of the consoles I've played have been good experiences to me, with the exception of the 360 because of how poorly it was build, but even then I still enjoyed it.

I don't quite get the whole console wars thing and really couldn't care which is better as long as the damn thing works and I have a good collection of games to play.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 18th 2015, 12:36 AM

I don't really have a 'favourite' console/PC though I do have a preference. I mainly play on my Xbox 360 and PC since I have the most games for them.

I've played on a lot of consoles, not so much hand-held ones though. My first ones were the Atari and Commodore 64, then to the NES, SNES, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 1, GameCube, PlayStation 2, first Xbox, Xbox 360 and my latest console was the PlayStation 3 which I got 2 years ago.

I sold a lot of my PS1 + 2 games. Since the PS3 was originally my brothers which he didn't want, he gave it to me and as it has only 2 games I don't care for, I never play on it though will be doing so this Christmas since he bought me a game I've wanted that's available only on the PS3/4.

I've used the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo Wii though never owned them.

As for my PC, well, I often spend my time gaming on it so try to keep it upgraded within financial boundaries.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 18th 2015, 12:52 AM

Glorious PC master race

(#11 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 18th 2015, 06:15 AM

i know how is it in heaven with the master race jesus let my mortal soul know

(#12 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 18th 2015, 08:46 PM

i owmed an Xbox when I was younger. I'm more of a PlayStation fan these days. I have the PS3 and the PS4. I play the 3 more most of the time. There aren't many games these days that snag my attention.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 20th 2015, 12:15 AM

Throwing it back Retro.

Atari (that counts, right?)
[the original] Nintendo
Super Nintendo (damn thing's outlets won't work on today's television sets I have and want to play! )
Nintendo 64.
Sega Genesis.
Playstation.
Gameboy.
Gameboy Color.

Pretty much anything that was released in the 80s and 90s. :P

I hate the newer games.

-Too high quality graphics (not good, because I get dizzy easily) compared to Playstation and Nintendo 64. But the thing is, I think they'd be super HQ graphics on HD television sets.
- Too many role-playing games. Dude, I just want to play the games by myself! If I want to play with other people, I'll invite a friend over and install a second console.
- Too many battle/shooting games. I had an 007 game on Nintendo 64 (I believe) and I absolutely hated it. It was creepy, and not for the gore and bloodbaths.

I think that's pretty much it. Basically: RETRO IS BETTER!

Sure, they may be crappy quality, but nothing's wrong with a bit of the nostalgia going back to your childhood and earliest memories.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 20th 2015, 06:59 AM

i think they aren't crappy some old games are better than somenew ones

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 20th 2015, 08:32 AM

firstly I think you have a very judgemental view of some of the games consoles out there 1. xbox is not just little kids. 2. its not all halo. I have an xbox 360 and have never been happier with the game console. its brilliant.

I still own a PS2, nintendo Ds, gameboy advance, and a nintendo wii. we also have a ps3.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 23rd 2015, 10:11 AM

I think he meant more of the fact that a lot of younger users would be more inclined to be limited to 360/PS3 because of the newer consoles and their pay to play features if you wish to play multiplayer.
I also believe he just meant to point out that Halo is a Microsoft exclusive, in turn making it a largely to do with their consoles.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Sufflix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Wanda

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 27th 2015, 09:21 AM

Well I spent most of my childhood playing PSX and PS2, so I gotta to love Playstation. Of course playing on PC is hella better, but I just feel nostalgia, when I play on the consoles. So thats why I got PS3 and will probably get PS4 in future.
But I hate Xbox, I dunno why I always rant on it. Just being probably stupid PS fangirl.
I also love portable consoles - Nintendo DS, 3DS and PsVita, because I love the idea of bringing games everywhere and also Nintendo has my two favourite game series.
Of course there are lots of emulators on computer for every old console, but it feels more satisfying playing them on real devices.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

Re: xbox vs playstation vs pc vs nintendo - December 30th 2015, 02:34 PM

I grew up almost exclusive to nintendo, except for a ps2, so i definitely lean towards them. I feel that they have way more classic, old fashioned games that everyone loves, more so than xbox or playstation could ever have. And i agree, i dont like newer games like cod and sports games like madden or fifa, because it is mostly the same crap every year, forcing gamers to spend more money. However, i still really love xbox and playstation, and most of their games are still pretty kick ass. Currently, i have a ds, dsi, 3ds, nintendo64, gamecube (though i hardly play it), xbox360, a psp, ps2, ps3, and ps4, and i love them all, theyre all awesome. As for pc, i could never get into it, and im not sure why your calling it the master race. But, whatever.

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

Closed Thread