TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Question Unable to access TH chatroom - October 9th 2016, 07:44 PM

Java is installed, I've tried to open it in multiple browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome), and I've activated Java for TH chatroom on multiple browsers (Firefox and Internet Explorer) but I cannot get chat to load beyond a blank white screen (in window or in a pop-up). Is there anything else I should attempt to get chat up and running on my laptop? Windows 10 is my operating system and internet connection is strong.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 9th 2016, 11:22 PM

as far as I know only firefox works with chat on the browsers you have listed. That happens to me a lot and I keep refreshing it until it works. It may take five times or you can close your web browser completely and then start up again and try. It takes time but it will end up working. I have that problem a lot. If that doesn't work then I honestly don't know what to do.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 10th 2016, 01:16 AM

One thing to know, Chrome no longer supports Java.

For some reason for me, chat ALWAYS loads as a white screen and doesn't go past that. I personally use Firefox for chat. I just reload it till it eventually loads, sometimes it takes one try (and this is the typical these days) or sometimes I have to quit Firefox completely and try a couple times again. Something worth trying.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 10th 2016, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaty View Post
One thing to know, Chrome no longer supports Java.

For some reason for me, chat ALWAYS loads as a white screen and doesn't go past that. I personally use Firefox for chat. I just reload it till it eventually loads, sometimes it takes one try (and this is the typical these days) or sometimes I have to quit Firefox completely and try a couple times again. Something worth trying.
I did figure on Chrome not supporting Java anymore so I'm glad that I have that confirmed now, thank you!

Every time I attempt to open it (using firefox) I'm getting a dark gray screen that has a lego-looking thing and says "Activate Java." underneath. Once I click that I get a pop up asking me to confirm, I do. Then it goes to the blank white page. I've been refreshing the page for awhile, but it will not load. Do you have any other suggestions to something I could try? I'm feeling as if it may just be operator error since I'm pretty inept with computers.

edit: Once clicking the information button for the chat room I am getting a notification that TH is not considered a secure site. The gray lego-thing is remaining in the corner with the information button. Is there a way I can label TH as a secure website manually that may fix this issue?

edit #2: Just kidding, it is not saying TH is not secure but that the connection is not secure. Would that be because I'm using wifi as opposed to being connected to an ethernet cable? The wifi I'm using is my home wifi, which is password protected and connection is strong.

edit #3: I am now receiving a popup notification from Avira informing me that trackers are being used by TH. I've attempted blocking them and unblocking them to no avail. Not sure if that makes any difference whatsoever.

Last edited by Alto.; October 10th 2016 at 02:26 AM. Reason: more information

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 10th 2016, 03:08 AM

And I'm in! I tried turning off my computer and turning it back on again and it worked. Knew I should have tried that from the get-go!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 21st 2016, 10:08 PM

A little trick refresh it a couple if times and give it time it sometimes works.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 22nd 2016, 10:21 AM

I know this has been resolved, but just wanted to say that Internet Explorer should work (I'm using it). The 'trackers' I'm wondering, may be 'tracking cookies' which is used to remember your details on websites, and allowing them (rather than blocking) might help in future. Closing the browser and re-opening when you allow them might also help. But otherwise, turning if off and on again is always a good option too

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Unable to access TH chatroom - October 22nd 2016, 07:45 PM

Firefox works well for me. I think its mostly a problem with chrome as I cannot access it on chrome but can on IE, opera and firefox and I think safari works too

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread