TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TommyD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Talking Help - December 18th 2016, 01:26 AM

Hello,

I am building a new website and I would really like some advice. Any advice is appreciated.

Here is a link: tomcraft.hol.es (Copy it into the address bar)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Help - December 18th 2016, 07:17 PM

Hi there, Tommy. Welcome to TeenHelp! =)

I've moved your thread to the Technology and Gaming forum, since you're asking for feedback on a website you're creating.

I don't play Minecraft, but it looks like a promising idea for a website. Good luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Help - December 18th 2016, 11:01 PM

Hello there,

Depending on what you are using the website for, if you want a free hosting URL, or a paid URL, or options where you create your own website from ground up which includes choosing a host for a URL. Also think about if you want something easy to put together or something more from scratch.

For an example if you are wanting to create a website for baking and want something simple, free/low cost, easy URL, etc., you can go with either Wix or Webs. Both have free options and a URL with their "wix" URL and your name attached. These two have background types you can choose from and are able to change some colours to fit your desired taste.

With Wix and Webs both have perks and the other doesn't. For an example you can include a shopping cart or add your paypal.

For creating your own website from ground up a widely used service is called GoDaddy. They provide you with URL, building your website, hosting, and have different things you can add. For example you can add in HTML and other codes. Some other platforms may not allow this feature. GoDaddy has low rates depending on what you want, and if you are choosing from ".com" or ".aus" the costs for that URL may be different. You can also add more than one website with GoDaddy with all the same features. You can also have more than three emails. It also has options to help you create newsletters and blogs.

Every website platform is different and I would recommend researching each one geared to your taste and interest, what you are going to use it for, your target audience, etc., Google is a great way that can show more web hosting than what I provided.

Some things to keep in mind are:
  • What you are using the website for
  • Target audience
  • How you want to market yourself (website, social media, emailing, etc.)
  • If you want a free or low cost website with platforms to choose from
  • Paying a little more and working ground up
  • What types of things do you want to feature on your website (shopping cart, social media links, scheduling appointments, calendar where clients can book, etc.)
  • Other things you might have in mind
These things are a starter so you know where you want to begin. Don't think about the design right now, design can come later on. Usually design is easier to do than the content in a website.

If you have any questions feel free to reply here. I hope this was helpful and I wish you well on creating a website.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread