TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Connection issues - November 16th 2017, 12:04 AM

I have a few questions.

For an internet password, only one password is set for it? Yes/No

Is it possible to have more than 1 password for WiFi network?

I am having connection issues with my laptop and phone. At times things will not load. It loads slowly. Or it loads fine.

On my phone it is set to WiFi and data isn't used. Using an app or Google search, it either does not load or an error has come up saying I am "offline I switch my data on and it then works within a milasecond.

My cousin thinks another password would work or fix it. When far as I know only 1 password is for the connection cause it is set to it. She thinks trying another password would fix it.

I try to explain another wouldn't connect she says it will. How?

She thinks it's my laptop. It's not as it has worked fine at the library. Why does my phone not work on WiFi here but when my data is turned on, it works?

I need someone to explain to me that this isn't in my head and it is not my laptop on the verge of a breakdown but the WiFi? What does it sound like to you?

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Connection issues - November 16th 2017, 02:41 AM

I don't know a lot but if the phone works fine when the data is being used but not when the wifi is on then there is likely something going on with the router.

I know, sometimes, we will have issues with the router and it will, fix itself but other times my boyfriend has to restart it. I would, advise that you all call the company that you are getting the internet from. They should be able to help you all out. I know, that our internet company has also been able to do some stuff to help determine if it was the wifi or something else and it hardly ever required them coming to our home.

Also, from my knowledge, you can set another password for the router (although, I am not sure how that works or if your internet provider has different rules) but I don't think that changing the password would fix it.

If it is an issue with the router it could be a really quick fix and calling the provider could help.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Connection issues - November 16th 2017, 02:36 PM

Last night I updated my mac book, so it is up to date. Still, had the same issues with connection.

I am at the College and the internet works fast here on my laptop, it's a big campus, so, I am able to move through website to website quickly with no issues. It is not my laptop as this confirmed it, being in another place with my laptop.

I will send my cousin a message to let her know it is not my laptop and something isn't running okay for the wifi. Hopefully, she responds well.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Connection issues - November 16th 2017, 11:56 PM

It could be several issues, and it’s likely to do with your router.

It is possible to have more than one password to WiFi depending on your routers capabilities. You’d have to find the model of router you have and get the directions to see how to do this.

The likely issue is that your router isn’t high end enough to handle multiple devices. Many wireless routers only allow a few devices to be connected. If it’s primarily your laptop, resetting or adding a password won’t help. It’s more likely that it has to do with the radius of coverage your WiFi sends out and the radius of your laptop being able to pick up that connection. If this is the case you’d have to purchase a device to increase the connectivity of your laptop or purchase a better router.

To troubleshoot, I’d start with disconnecting devices and see if that solves your issue. If you have a default password for your WiFi that you didn’t set up, it’s possible someone is stealing your connection.

As you can see it could be a ton of issues. It’s a matter of eliminating the possibilities.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

Closed Thread