TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MyVisionIsDying Offline
Talk Nerdy To Me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shane

Worried about phone screen repairs. - January 16th 2018, 12:22 AM

So a few days back my phone dropped in my room and a small-ish part of the screen cracked on the leg of an old bedside table which I've now thrown away. I've panicked and told mum I'd use some of my Christmas money to get it fixed because my phone is one of my lifelines and is a distraction for me when my social anxiety gets too much. I don't think it's a bad enough crack for extensive repairs but I'm incredibly anxious about handing over something really valuable considering it is one of the only places where I have all my pictures of my cats and such. I don't want the damage to be worse from what is seems because I don't want to lose anything on it nor do I want to wait a day for it to be fixed. The longer I think about repairs the more agitated I become, I think I'm looking more for reassurance than advice at this point...

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Online
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Worried about phone screen repairs. - January 16th 2018, 12:41 AM

Hey,
If it is just a small tiny crack and the phone still works I don't think I would get it repaired just yet if you are this nervous. However they do make shatter screen protectors. I would suggest getting one of those. What it does is protects your screen and the cover will shatter but your real screen won't.

I really hope this helped.
Your friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MyVisionIsDying Offline
Talk Nerdy To Me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shane

Re: Worried about phone screen repairs. - January 16th 2018, 01:22 AM

It's small enough that all of the screen works fine etc. but there's a thin, shallow crack across the screen from where the crack started and at angles it becomes noticeable. The crack was on the side of my phone but it spread out to a bit of the screen and it bothers me a great deal because it's a constant reminder about how careless I was with something I hold close and I haven't even had my phone for a month. I think it sort of kicked down my confidence in being careful with all of my possessions, I don't know how to build ot back up to where I'm not constantly beatong myself up over a small accident like this. I don't know. I'm sorry I'm rambling... xP

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Worried about phone screen repairs. - January 16th 2018, 11:06 AM

Accidents happen. I'm sure that everyone who owns a phone has dropped it at some point. The crack may be a reminder, but as my brother likes to put a spin on it, it also makes the phone more unique and personal to you

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Worried about phone screen repairs. - January 16th 2018, 08:24 PM

Hey there,

Accidents do happen! I have dropped my phone numerous times and there have been a few times when I was worried it might have damaged the screen. I was lucky in that it didn't. Dropping phones are quite common which is why so many people utilize cases. There are some cases that provide more protection than others and some people end up damaging their phones with a case on.

If the crack is small enough you might be able to wait to get it fixed until you can save up a bit more money. If you are really worried about the crack getting worse or there being more damage to your phone than it might be worth taking it in to a shop. I would suggest that you try and research the shops you might take it into for a repair so that you end up going to the best one possible.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread