TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Photo date wrong. - August 13th 2018, 08:27 PM

Why is it that when I go to my phone's photo gallery, there are some pictures that have dates from years before I even got my phone?

I figured this might be a Google Drive error, but I didn't think it actually embedded the original photo date, only the date of upload. However, a couple photos (the ones in reference) have their original dates as well as their upload dates; but the ones I put up on Google Drive the other day that I uploaded to Instagram don't have their original dates. So it can't be Google Drive.

Facebook is a possibility, since you can backtrack the date associated with the photo when you upload it, then save it to your gallery. That makes the most sense; however, I don't recall uploading those photos on to Facebook.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Photo date wrong. - August 14th 2018, 12:01 PM

Photos do generally retain the date they were taken. There are various things that can cause the date to be removed or changed, but your device is probably just sorting them by the date they were taken or created.

I know Instagram tends to save photos automatically when you make a post, so these photos would have the date you made the post attached to them since they were created when you made the post whereas the original photo would be unchanged. If that makes sense.

In all, this isn't an error and you have no need to worry. Google Drive is just doing its thing, albeit in a weird way. Let me know if I can clarify or answer any other questions you have!

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Re: Photo date wrong. - August 14th 2018, 12:06 PM

Thanks, I thought it was just my phone. Technology sure does love to mess with me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RichardAnderson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Photo date wrong. - September 6th 2018, 07:28 AM

I've had a similar issue recently and thought I was going crazy or being paranoid. But this thread helped me

Closed Thread